When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone gonna pre order the iPhone 6?

dbane883

i dont understand the lineups, i thought you could order it online and have it delivered today as well. unless the lineups are a part of the owning an iphone experience?

Yep, me neither

truth be told, there's probably a million orphans in sub-saharan Africa or South America that stand in line for a lot longer than a lot less than these stupid fuc+w@ds

but i think i'll save that for another day ;) right now i'm gonna go play with my new iToy :D

Edited by chronoluvvv

I'll Pre-Order the Samsung Note4...........

iPhone 6 Specs
  • Apple A8 64-bit Processor
  • iOS 8
  • 4.7-inch display – 1334 x 750  – 326 pixels per inch
  • 16GB / 64GB / 128GB storage options
  • 1.2MP front-facing camera
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 4G LTE
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
  • NFC
Galaxy Note 4 Specs
  • Snapdragon 805 processor (U.S.)
  • Android 4.4.4 KitKat
  • 5.7-inch Quad HD display – 2560 x 1440  – 515 pixels per inch
  • 32GB storage with support for 128GB microSD cards
  • 3.7MP front-facing camera
  • 16MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization
  • 3220 mAh
  • 4G LTE
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • UV sensor
  • Heart rate sensor
  • NFC
  • 3220 mAh battery
  • S Pen

Did I mention that the Note4 comes with 3gigs of RAM (iPhone+ 1gig).... 

I'll Pre-Order the Samsung Note4...........

iPhone 6 Specs
  • Apple A8 64-bit Processor
  • iOS 8
  • 4.7-inch display – 1334 x 750  – 326 pixels per inch
  • 16GB / 64GB / 128GB storage options
  • 1.2MP front-facing camera
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 4G LTE
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
  • NFC
Galaxy Note 4 Specs
  • Snapdragon 805 processor (U.S.)
  • Android 4.4.4 KitKat
  • 5.7-inch Quad HD display – 2560 x 1440  – 515 pixels per inch
  • 32GB storage with support for 128GB microSD cards
  • 3.7MP front-facing camera
  • 16MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization
  • 3220 mAh
  • 4G LTE
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • UV sensor
  • Heart rate sensor
  • NFC
  • 3220 mAh battery
  • S Pen

Did I mention that the Note4 comes with 3gigs of RAM (iPhone+ 1gig).... 

It's not about who has the highest specs but what they do with it. So far the 6 comes out on top in almost every benchmark. I'll take the lesser specs then plz.

Also, it amuses me to no end how each year the android owners get angry as f*ck when a new iPhone is released :)

Also, it amuses me to no end how each year the android owners get angry as f*ck when a new iPhone is released :)

It's because when they see 10 million iPhones ordered in the first week, they can no longer boast about Android taking over the world........

You can apply that to everything. I buy 15$ fruit of the loom shirts, my friend insists on getting 100$ ralph lauren shirts. We're both happy with our clothing. I don't try to convince him that my clothing is better and vice versa.

if my friend were buying $100 shirts and ours were both cotton, made in bangladesh i think as a good friend i'd have to convince him as a matter of principle, or at least try and understand his insanity. :D

i have some ralph lauren cotton shirts i received at christmas, i have no idea what they cost, but i see no difference (cotton weight, stitching, pattern, fit) between them and the $9 hanes nano tees that i buy

i think its frustrating when people defy common sense or logic

you do have to respect apples marketing ability, they are the king of convincing you that you need something they make in your life

even if apple sold ios for android people would still buy the iphone

it was a brilliant move to sell mac computer systems with their OS, unlike microsoft that just sells software available on any computer system.

it would be interesting to see ios8 on a $300 android benchmarked

iOS and Android are both fine operating systems.   iPhones and Android phones are all great phones.   But there are differences!

Apple controls iOS tightly, which angers the tinkerers among us.   Apple products work, sync with other apple products and when a software update is released, everyone gets it.    Android allows much more freedom to tweak and customize, but once you get the handset with a firmware version on it, it's a crap-shoot on whether or not you'll be able to get the next update on your handset.   I get the impression that app developers have a much more difficult time debugging apps to work properly on various Android versions.

iPhones are made with high quality and higher cost materials.   Droid phones tend to contain more plastic.   Droid phones, for the most part, have expandable memory and swappable batteries.   Interestingly enough, the HTC One, which is not at all "plasticy" does not have a swappable battery.

It really becomes a matter of personal taste, expectations and how you intend to use the phone.    My wife suffers from techno-fright.   If it's not totally simple and seamless, she cannot deal with it.   We have a MacBook Pro, two iPhones, an iPad and and iPad Mini.   Everything backs up on an Apple Time Machine.   We have Apple TV and can stream from any of out devices through that, or use it directly.    

Everything just works with minimal intervention on my part, which is just the way I like it.    I don't get any of those calls at the office, because something isn't working at home........   Maybe if I was a younger guy!    ;)

It looks like iphone6 is bendable can someone with the iphone6 confirm that?

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/23/bent-iphone-6-plus-problem/

Dumb question imo. Everything is bendable if you apply enough force to it. I've never understood wearing phones in back pockets. Wallets I understand, they take the shape of your buttcheecks but obviously your phone doesn't.

The Xperia Z(2) had a major problem with cracking screens when used normally. You never heard that make headline news.

Edited by Fracture

Specs mean nothing… I this any comparison of specs is pointless.  Its how the OS uses those specs and regardless of what you think of apple they have to be given credit for always providing a very fluid experience.  Mac or IOS.  

Now I am not defending apple and the new reports of the "bending" phones but if you're putting excessive force on the phone in a place that should be experiencing the load expect negative results. Phone in your back pocket?  Like someone said look at our wallets, they adjust to our rears…  Stupid people are everywhere! This is why we can't have nice things! ha

as a rule since my first MDA (circa 2005) or well the Sidekick (anyone remember Danger Corp) I've always carried my phones in my left cheek pocket

and i'm not a lightweight lily by any measure

heck i have been cramming my LG G2/Nexus/G2x (all bomb-proof and fully functional Droids) plus a few HTCs i've lost and/or destroyed in there since a few years now and will continue to do so

one of these days i might get LG's G3 too but don't feel the need to upgrade just yet

This new larger iPhone did tempt me to give Apple one more try, i figured if i didn't like it at least the girls would

but this ?

It reeks of terrible QC & 2012 tech being sold @ 2014 prices to an idiot audience

Edited by chronoluvvv

as a rule since my first MDA (circa 2005) or well the Sidekick (anyone remember Danger Corp) I've always carried my phones in my left cheek pocket

and i'm not a lightweight lily by any measure

heck i have been cramming my LG G2/Nexus/G2x (all bomb-proof and fully functional Droids) plus a few HTCs i've lost and/or destroyed in there since a few years now and will continue to do so

one of these days i might get LG's G3 too but don't feel the need to upgrade just yet

This new larger iPhone did tempt me to give Apple one more try, i figured if i didn't like it at least the girls would

but this ?

It reeks of terrible QC & 2012 tech being sold @ 2014 prices to an idiot audience

2012 tech that performs better than most 2014 tech, seems like they're doing something right. And don't call me an idiot, *sshole. Every f*cking year it's the same sh*t, new iPhone is released and the android army is out in full force to ridicule everything about it and their owners. You would think there are more important things in the world to be worried about.