When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NF launches the first AP diver full ceramic

torobravo

Also, I noticed that the crown seems to be smaller for this model.. the gaps between the crown and crown guards seem to be large for this. 

Is there some reason for this? Thanks.

Its because of the position of the crown. If its turned slihtly more it will appear bigger because of the hexagonal design. Its coinsidence...

Its because of the position of the crown. If its turned slihtly more it will appear bigger because of the hexagonal design. Its coinsidence...

Yes I do see what you mean but I pictured the crown turning till the edges would look the widest from top view, and still I see that the gaps would not be filled nicely.

I have emailed one of the TDs to get a confirmation and I hope you are right about this.. been waiting to buy this for quite a while now. :)

I have received a confirmation from a TD that the factory has confirmed that the crown for the ceramic model is indeed a bit smaller than the FC and SS one, and would be corrected accordingly. I would advise you guys to hold your orders first. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Never posted the qc. But here it is in the flesh.

I like the tone of the orange, but the crown just looks horrible, sorry. 

Like what someone said, it looks like the same crown is used for both the inner bezel mechanism and the winding/ time-setting crown. 

Check out the crown of the gen diver pictured below. Yes, our reps will never be 100% perfect, but for such an established product line, I really do expect them to do a more accurate job.

post-39895-0-58723700-1413041848_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

Speaking of the A3120 clone, I've been wondering when it will show up on the black dial SS diver reps, as AP has introduced the open caseback version of the SS black dial at SIHH this year. I also heard the dial finish/tapisserie has changed a bit (?). not sure if anyone familiar with the new AP gen releases can confirm...