When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster 300 from Basel 2014 released on PT

maevit4996

OMG2014091301-01_enl.JPG

Ive been waiting for this release for a while. Hopefully we can see final renditions soon so I can make my purchase!!

PTs comments

The second Liquidmetal replica watch from "HBB V6 Factory".

You will find this watch AMAZING! Super lumed sandwich dial like panerai pam111, and the movement looks very close to Omega 8500 movement. The Best Looing A8500 so far, also used in Aqua Terra and Planet Ocean. The deployant clasp is made very well, adjusting length is very smooth. 

This watch is only a sample, When released, the lume color of pearl and minute hand will be green. And the second hand will be all White. Also, the movement rotor will be 8400.

Will be released in 10 days.

looks very nice, might have to check this out at the AD first.

November i think?

here's one thing to know; the gen has an msrp of $7,500 for the base stainless steel model

the tudor black bay is about $3,500 before discount

Omegas attempt to be upmarket and exclusive, stepping out of Rolexs shadow

i think the mentality is that if rolex can charge that much for a steel no date ceramic bezel so can we.

it will be interesting to see the amount of depreciation on these pieces, and if the original vintage seamaster 300 has a tremendous increase in price and demand (i think theyre still under $3k)

this watch also has a 25,000 beat rate, so a bit more jerky than most modern divers

And looking at the rep in detail, there are quite some flaws.

- the gen is no sandwich dial, but more deeply recessed engravings which are being filled with lume

- the engravings are not that pointy towards the center of the dial

- the font is different (on the bezel as well as on the dial) - it is more delicate

but anyway, for a first it ain't that bad.

And looking at the rep in detail, there are quite some flaws.

- the gen is no sandwich dial, but more deeply recessed engravings which are being filled with lume

- the engravings are not that pointy towards the center of the dial

- the font is different (on the bezel as well as on the dial) - it is more delicate

but anyway, for a first it ain't that bad.

Actually, it is a sandwich dial. I don't understand why so many people it isn't. Read the many articles out there about this watch. They all describe the dial as sandwich.

Also a flaw is the seconds hand. It's supposed to be white.

Guys, you also gotta read. ;)

The white seconds hand and the 8400 decoration will be done with the final sample. Same applies for the lume.

Regarding the sandwich dial, some reviews say it's sandwich, others say it's engraved... Anyway as long as it's looking good I wouldnt mind either way.

Edited by Krabbenkoenig

It's a new Omega, therefore I need it! I just wish the lume was less yellow and more white. I know it's the vintage look, but there is vintage style and there is vintage old/dated looking :(

Interesting how polarized people are. It's evident on the gen forums too... What is it people don't like - the vintage look/patination, small size, etc.?

I don't get it, either.  I can't recall any "heritage" watch ever causing this sort of reaction--not even the PloProf 1200!