When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster 300 from Basel 2014 released on PT

maevit4996

Excellent review, ww, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. Shame about the bracelet; I wonder if the gen is like that? After all, Omega made a big deal out of its revised Moon Watch, which is basically the same as the last Speedmaster Professional, but with a screwed bracelet and a fancier box.

Yeah, I can't imagine the gen being really sturdy if it's put together the same way... I wonder if the Rolex screws are patented? (can they even patent something like that?)

Yeah, I can't imagine the gen being really sturdy if it's put together the same way... I wonder if the Rolex screws are patented? (can they even patent something like that?)

It really makes you admire whoever designed the IWC Ingenieur/Aquatimer bracelet:  Grab two toothpicks and you can resize it in less than a minute!

Got mine yesterday. Feels very solid, but the bracelet was way to shiny for me.

I had a suede 20mm strap in my luggage and mounted it instead and now I REALLY love the watch:

O300-C-2_zpsc3ccff9f.jpg

O300-F-2_zpsd50e481c.jpg

O300-E-2_zps2268337d.jpg

O300-A-2_zps5d54f7b7.jpg

O300-B-2_zpsa69ba040.jpg

Nice surprise: the watch head is fully polished between the lugs so there is now unpleasant raw metal showing. Great for people that prefer this on a strap !!!

• Like 1

Got mine yesterday. Feels very solid, but the bracelet was way to shiny for me.

I had a suede 20mm strap in my luggage and mounted it instead and now I REALLY love the watch:

O300-C-2_zpsc3ccff9f.jpg

O300-F-2_zpsd50e481c.jpg

O300-E-2_zps2268337d.jpg

O300-A-2_zps5d54f7b7.jpg

O300-B-2_zpsa69ba040.jpg

Nice surprise: the watch head is fully polished between the lugs so there is now unpleasant raw metal showing. Great for people that prefer this on a strap !!!

Looks great. What TD bought from? How's the movement? Winding etc?
  • Like 1

Excellent review, ww, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. Shame about the bracelet; I wonder if the gen is like that? After all, Omega made a big deal out of its revised Moon Watch, which is basically the same as the last Speedmaster Professional, but with a screwed bracelet and a fancier box.

That's exactly how the CrPO links are too. 

Got this one from Sead, one week door to door. runs well, maybe not the smoothest sweep there is, but no rotor noise (drives me crazy on reps...).

Haven't taken it in the water yet (suede might not be the permanent solution, maybe I make a canvas strap for it).

Movement looks great (correct  8400), I do wish though they had not tried to write a whole manual on the case back. Looks too crowded IMHO, but then I don't see myself taking this one off any time soon :)

• Like 1

Got this one from Sead, one week door to door. runs well, maybe not the smoothest sweep there is, but no rotor noise (drives me crazy on reps...).

Haven't taken it in the water yet (suede might not be the permanent solution, maybe I make a canvas strap for it).

Movement looks great (correct  8400), I do wish though they had not tried to write a whole manual on the case back. Looks too crowded IMHO, but then I don't see myself taking this one off any time soon :)

Could you be so kind to place some pictures of the bezel as it seems that the numbers (especially the "10") are to close to the inner side

On most 300 reps.

Thx!

I have been lurking about reading up on this thread - I was getting hooked to start with but your strap on that 300 just sets it off to a tee. The colours compliment the hour markers really well on those pics, I think this'll be the standard for my next purchase and put it on one if your straps far better than the bracelet IMO.