When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Being let down

davidmac

I've done a transaction via m2m on RWI and the guy is really messing me about.

Now, it's not about the money as what I sent him was negligible but it's about the principal of being let down!

I just want to see if I'm justifiably annoyed.

I posted an "urgently wanted" advert for a crown tube for a submariner.

I'd bought a pro hunter from Andrew for my sister to give as a gift to my brother in law.

We received the watch but the tube came put with the crown when unscrewed, anyway long story short Andrew has been messing me about getting a replacement tube to me so I thought I'd try here.

Somebody got in touch saying they have one I can have if I throw them postage costs, I sent £3 via paypal gift.

He told me he'd post it the following day, he didn't (fair enough) a couple of days after I dropped him an email asking if he managed to get it in the post and he replied yes.

A week later and nothing!

Contacted him again and he said his wife posted it out and he'll ask her by what method and let me know.

2 days later and still no reply.

I contacted him again and his reply was "my wife said expect it on Saturday"

No mention of when or how it was sent.

Anyway, Saturdays been and gone and still no sign and he's stopped replying to my messages.

Again, I'll reiterate, it's NOT about the money I just feel like he's completely taking the P out of me, I could have bought one from china by now and had it delivered but because I was in desperate need to repair the watch (as my sisters getting impatient with me) I thought trying to source one in the UK would be better.

Am I in the wrong being annoyed?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalksSic

Yes, you have every right to be annoyed at what I would call an apparent breach of trust or poor communication.

The guy or his wife could have posted the item and it could have gotten lost in the mail. That happens.

But in this game, bad blood have been spilled for far greater amounts and whole watches.

You may be justified theoretically in getting pissed off, but you are also lucky that its just a 3 GBP lesson.

Buy the seller first next time. :)

This is annoying. We all have busy lifes, but when you make a deal, if it's 1usd or 4000usd, reply your pm's! It does not have to be in 1 min but try at least the same day.

How hard is it?

1.Tell someone that you have received the money.

2. Tell him/her when you will post it.

3. When posted, tell him/her the trackingnr.

4. Aks him/her to tell you when the watch arrived.

So 4 pm's in 4 days is all what it takes to have a happy buyer and a good reputation, just in case, next time you are the person who wants buy a nice watch/part/strap here. I think you want to have the same treatment as desciped above.

I have recently been scammed for 400 usd. So i know how it feels.

Just my 2 cent....

Sent from my iPhone 6 beta using Tapatalk

It more the time wasted that has annoyed me.

I've been waiting for this tube for a couple of weeks, in that time I could have had one delivered from the US and had the watch repaired.

Anyone have a spare crown tube?

Sorry to hear about getting scammed Edwin! I hope he/she gets what's coming to them.

Edited by davidmac

A typical case of someone (the other guy) trying to do you a favor, but, in dragging his feet, ends up causing more confusion than help. Considering the part itself did not cost you anything, I would either give it another day or 2 or source another part from a more reliable source like a watch parts seller.

This is annoying. We all have busy lifes, but when you make a deal, if it's 1usd or 4000usd, reply your pm's! It does not have to be in 1 min but try at least the same day.

How hard is it?

1.Tell someone that you have received the money.

2. Tell him/her when you will post it.

3. When posted, tell him/her the trackingnr.

4. Aks him/her to tell you when the watch arrived.

So 4 pm's in 4 days is all what it takes to have a happy buyer and a good reputation, just in case, next time you are the person who wants buy a nice watch/part/strap here. I think you want to have the same treatment as desciped above.

I have recently been scammed for 400 usd. So i know how it feels.

Just my 2 cent....

I agree 100%. I believe one thing that is lacking in our society today is common courtesy. All of the things you alluded to in your post are things that should be innate to everyone, but unfortunately are not. My feelings are simple, if you can't extend these courtesies then you probably don't need to be selling on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the tube on the Pro Hunter is friction fit, so you could try sending it to a watchmaker to refit it with some adhesive?

The one I got from Andrew is threaded, I did try putting some lock tight on the tube but the tube was too tight in the crown. The tube on the case side would undo before the crown (if that makes sense).

$2.000 usd WTF?????

How did some pull that off?

Unbelievable that another human could stoop so low isn't it?!

A typical case of someone (the other guy) trying to do you a favor, but, in dragging his feet, ends up causing more confusion than help.Considering the part itself did not cost you anything, I would either give it another day or 2 or source another part from a more reliable source like a watch parts seller.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that one, he probably started out with good intentions but got side tracked and it's gone beyond the point of no return now.

It was several years ago on a putter I was buying. Learned the lesson one time...that's all it took.

I'm sorry to hear you got royally ripped off, let's hope Karma evens it out somehow.

I agree 100%. I believe one thing that is lacking in our society today is common courtesy. All of the things you alluded to in your post are things that should be innate to everyone, but unfortunately are not. My feelings are simple, if you can't extend these courtesies then you probably don't need to be selling on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more!!

Yep, I paid a member here 35 pounds for a movement by paypal on August the 17th. I have not gotten the movement yet, and he will no answer my emails any more. I never got a tracking number. It does suck when people let you down. As you said it is not the money as much as the broken trust.

That sucks! Why do people do that? Especially for $35, are they really that desperate?!

I know I'm fairly new here but I can see that it's full of decent people and I have made a couple of friends but it's people like this that let the rep communities down!

It was 35 pounds so 50 plus dollars. Still if he were really in a bind, I would give him the money. However, common decency says he owes me an explanation about what is going on.  

I PMed a moderator 2 days ago just to see what is going on, but I have not heard back from him. The guy I bought the movement from is a diamond member here.