When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Slots are Full !

Jordanf1

Guest Daytona1984

good point A...

@jordanf1:

you just claimed on the first page that you sold the alinghi 12 month ago. on the second page you say it is in your current collection and share some ebay pics? also, some further pics seem quite familiar to me (google, ebay, etc...). but from my experience with you W. i know you are just playing with us... you might share a group picture ;)

Funny mate, the Alinghi pic seems to be from Ebay. Are you selling it currently? lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-18K-Rose-Gold-Alinghi-Chrono-Limited-Edition-/130754804203

good point A...

@jordanf1:

you just claimed on the first page that you sold the alinghi 12 month ago. on the second page you say it is in your current collection and share some ebay pics? also, some further pics seem quite familiar to me (google, ebay, etc...). but from my experience with you W. i know you are just playing with us... you might share a group picture ;)

+1 for the group shot!

Why are you wearing your watches on the left and sometimes on the right? 

The Rolex Daytona is from here btw: http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=msg&th=293050&rid=0

• Like 1

+1 for a group shot, it would be lovely mate!

+1 for the group shot!

Why are you wearing your watches on the left and sometimes on the right? 

The Rolex Daytona is from here btw: http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=msg&th=293050&rid=0

+1 for the group shot, it would be lovely seeing so many nice watches together!

I really love the RG Alinghi mate, and I hope JordanF1 could oblige our humble request. ;)

Here's Some pics Mr A of my current Gens.

The AP ROO Safari looks like its worn on a different arm mate. Do you often lend watches to friends as well? ;)

Can we have a group shot of the gens you own? They are very lovely pieces and we would like to show them the proper appreciation. 

Love the RG Alinghi especially!

My watch Slots are now Full, ive added a New DSSD Blue today , Enjoy

So mate, 

Which are the gens you do own now? I am merely curious. 

The trays of watches in your first show a lot of watches that are not in the "list that you currently own" on page 2.

Also, the list on page 2 contains watches, like the AP ROO Safari, that is not shown in the trays.

I would also like to know if you wear your watches on both wrists, and whether your arm could look drastically different from day to day.

Lastly, the pics you posted in page 2 seem to be taken off various internet sources.

You have made us curious about these inconsistencies, and like Daytona1984 mentioned, you could very well be kidding with us all in one way or another. ;)

But do share the punchline with us mate, and don't keep us all guessing! :lol:

We want group shot! We want group shot!

MR A,  Daytona , and Anyone Else,

1. I've bought and sold many watches in the last 20 years, some i still have some i do not. 

2. Absolutely i've lent my gens to my friends here in OZ, why not ?

3. What i have left and what i've sold is rather irrelevent to anyone but me.

4. I don't mind being picked on that's ok too, but getting personal and making requests is rather unreasonable, considering this is a forum and ive never met any members in person.

5. Ive been a long standing member on many gen watch forums as some of you also would probably be.

6. Yes i do wear watches on left and right arm's is that an issue for you ?

7. The Slots if you read my post from a few days ago, was a combination of watches owned by fellow friends over this side of the world, does it matter if i we put a tray together  and took some pics ?

8. If you or anyone else here thinks i may have deliberately set out to lets say "deceive" into thinking i have everything, then your vastly mistaken.

9. FWIW i can name a few Forums where you'll find my pics, the internet is full of watch pics of some of mine and some of others i've sold, is it really that important to you all ?

10. FYI , my Everrose was purchased through Topnotchwatch NY City......yes pic dates back too 2008 ? So what ?

11. I also have a life and a business i run and own, i'm not here to satisfy everyone's cravings or prove any points to anyone.

Seriously guys ! the aggression is warranted,

Mr A,  i don't mind being picked but seriously, how many pieces have i bought off you ? 4+ and your having a swing at me ? what have i done too you mate, and you never reply to my emails either.

D

MR A,  Daytona , and Anyone Else,

1. I've bought and sold many watches in the last 20 years, some i still have some i do not. 

2. Absolutely i've lent my gens to my friends here in OZ, why not ?

3. What i have left and what i've sold is rather irrelevent to anyone but me.

4. I don't mind being picked on that's ok too, but getting personal and making requests is rather unreasonable, considering this is a forum and ive never met any members in person.

5. Ive been a long standing member on many gen watch forums as some of you also would probably be.

6. Yes i do wear watches on left and right arm's is that an issue for you ?

7. The Slots if you read my post from a few days ago, was a combination of watches owned by fellow friends over this side of the world, does it matter if i we put a tray together  and took some pics ?

8. If you or anyone else here thinks i may have deliberately set out to lets say "deceive" into thinking i have everything, then your vastly mistaken.

9. FWIW i can name a few Forums where you'll find my pics, the internet is full of watch pics of some of mine and some of others i've sold, is it really that important to you all ?

10. FYI , my Everrose was purchased through Topnotchwatch NY City......yes pic dates back too 2008 ? So what ?

11. I also have a life and a business i run and own, i'm not here to satisfy everyone's cravings or prove any points to anyone.

Seriously guys ! the aggression is warranted,

Mr A,  i don't mind being picked but seriously, how many pieces have i bought off you ? 4+ and your having a swing at me ? what have i done too you mate, and you never reply to my emails either.

D

Hello D,

Nobody is "taking a swing at you" like you put it.

1. But obviously, your thread was started with with ostentatious intentions, as per the title "My slots are full", implying explicitly, that the watches are all yours. If the watches belong to you and your friends, then why would your "slots" be full, after your friends all take their watches back, and you added only a new DSSD? 

2. This is an open forum, with the purpose of sharing pics, watch info, purchases etc. You have, of your own free will, shared info of your watches, and pics. If the pics and information do not add up, some more discerning members are sure to seek clarification, and to you,  the requests and questions suddenly become "aggressive" or "unreasonable". I do not buy that. You obviously want to project yourself as a guy who owns numerous genuine watches, from your posts. If so, then stand your ground and continue to share like you always have. If I have a genuine ROO Alinghi for example, I would be more than happy to offer detailed pics of it, along with other watches I own, if I were to initiate the information at the start. Is this not one of the purposes of this forum?

3. If you are not out to deceive, can you kindly explain why the pic of the ROO Alinghi is taken from an eBay site please, and implied as yours? Do you seriously want me to list the sites which the other pictures are taken from?

4. I suggest you stand down right now, rather than show aggression in a situation where you know in your heart of hearts that you cannot come out looking good. I will let this one slide out of goodwill, but if you insist, I shall continue along posting my other findings as well and at the end, things would really start to look ugly for you, trust me.

5. It is irrelevant how many watches you bought from me. You pay and I deliver. They were transactions done and everything was good. But I would not sit and watch you try to deceive the rest of us with pictures that do not add up.

Ask yourself, do you really want to escalate this? At this juncture, I would advise you to back down and we forget this entire affair with a good laugh. But if you choose to want to take me on by proving me wrong, I would tell you upfront that it would be a very unwise thing to do. It does not matter how many other forums you are a member of, or how many gens you own. The simple fact is, there were definitely various misrepresentation in your post, and I would be willing to leave it at that if you just quit trying to be defensive, AND not to repeat this type of post again. Like you mentioned, if you think that picture requests are too personal and aggressive, then what about not inviting them by initiating posts about your watches that arouse the intrigue, curiosity and interest of others in the first place? If you want to challenge me to list every irregularity in the post, I will do so in detail, and you would no doubt try to defend each irregularity. Is this what you wish for?

My point, at the end of the day is this: I appreciate your posts and you sharing, but I do not appreciate you trying to treat us as stupid and gullible fellow members through any form of misrepresentation, gullible or otherwise.

To put your words in another way, yes I respect the fact that you have a life and privacy. But you chose to partially give up your privacy when you brashly put up a post and pictures about your watch slots being full. You then wish to backpaddle and claim your privacy back when members notice and bring up the irregularities. You and I know in our hearts if your explanations and defense would stand under further probing, so I advise you to stand down, and let us all let this episode rest and laugh it off. Or you can fill yourself with bravado and come at me. I will then detail and dig up the history of each watch shown in your pic. You decide what is good for you mate, and if you are wise, drop the matter now and quit being defensive. 

We are all here to enjoy a hobby together, and learn what we can, not make life hard for one another. You decide how much more attention you want mate. But please be forewarned politely: If you try to escalate this case, I will cease being polite and everything will burn. You watched how I take some jokers apart. Which side would you choose to be on mate? Friend or adversary? I have offered you a graceful way out of this, we shall laugh it off as a joke and move on. Or do you seriously want us to dissect the situation further mate? The choice, as always, is yours. 

1. My slot are Full was a Frivelous G up as last Friday as it was My Birthday, as stated ! thanks for the wishes by the way was wonderful :p

2. You can Sleuth your way through the internet all you wish, mate i dont mind........ that Alinghi pic predates to 2007 actually and that pic has been used many times over.

3. Ive outted many Ebayers times over that have used my pics on Auctions.

4. Would you like names and numbers of various sellers off Forums i've bought watches from seriously ?

5. Did i set out to treat you ? as a Clown ? of course not !

6. I think a G up post is far harmless, than someone selling on here something that's not what it appears.

7. You can dig up what you like Alvin, im not concerned at all.  Was i coming at you ? NO i was not.

8. Your other findings ? mate id love too know, what your implying here.

1. My slot are Full was a Frivelous G up as last Friday as it was My Birthday, as stated ! thanks for the wishes by the way was wonderful :p

2. You can Sleuth your way through the internet all you wish, mate i dont mind........ that Alinghi pic predates to 2007 actually and that pic has been used many times over.

3. Ive outted many Ebayers times over that have used my pics on Auctions.

4. Would you like names and numbers of various sellers off Forums i've bought watches from seriously ?

5. Did i set out to treat you ? as a Clown ? of course not !

6. I think a G up post is far harmless, than someone selling on here something that's not what it appears.

7. You can dig up what you like Alvin, im not concerned at all.  Was i coming at you ? NO i was not.

8. Your other findings ? mate id love too know, what your implying here.

Well, like I said, if you are not being defensive, and you get my points, its fine by me. Your reply is acceptable to me as long as its not a specific or direct challenge for me to escalate the matter.

I am not going to spend time to dig up on your past or transactions or veracity of your claims, its quite a waste of time if unnecessary. At the end of the day, it does not prove anything either way, whether the claims are true or false.

We would just write this off unless you have further concerns, and I hope that you would refrain from further misrepresentations.

I think we have a good understanding about this mate, and I would harass you no further because I think you get it. My apologies if I made you feel bad in any way. I was against the act of misrepresentation, not against you personally.  

Alvin it was a partial G UP , gees mate i represent my clients in courts almost once a week, I know what misrepresentation means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fine, like I said, since you did not press a challenge or insist on specifics of the disagreement, I am totally cool with it.

You get your leeway, and I get the relieved of the onerous task of going into specifics.

My intention was never to make you look bad, but just a reminder for you to be more aware of what you are posting.

Yes, I do agree with you that you never meant any harm to anyone, and that your post could have been made in a light-hearted manner.

I'm quite done here for now mate. Have your fun, but please be mindful about the points I mentioned. Thank you kindly.

Guest Daytona1984

Actually I heard you were working for the CIA... I didn't know that CIA agents are representing clients in courts... Thought lawyers do that...

Anyhow, Mr. W don't take this too personal. As I stated in my post I was assuming you are playing with us. Nothing bad about it. You could have been honest with us and reveal the joke, but instead you are bringing up another story

JordanF1, we didn't have the intention for you leaving RWG. I think you have some great posts and knowledge to share here. But if you say you have a couple of watches (gens) in your collection and no single one of those were showed in the collection picture, we ask for those pictures because we are truly interested in seeing those pieces. And if you show us some Google images, don't expect us to say "wow amazing collection dude" because we aren't stupid and we don't like to get treat that way.

Dear Daytona, I worked for the U.S. government in 1989-1997 to be correct and yes I was a field agent after I left the SAS here in OZ. I own a construction business and yes I represent clients that have faulty work done by builders these days mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no group shot mate? :D :D

OK I jest.. there's no need to go away Darren, I don't think there was intention to ostracize or shame anyone.

Let's practice mutual respect and kindness from now mate, which means treating others accordingly to how we would like to be treated.

In our hobby, the collective discerning ability of members is not something to be scoffed at. If I were to post a rep submariner and claim it as a gen, I would be set upon by the wolves. If I show a pic of a watch from eBay and claim it as my own, I will be set on fire. And the list goes on.

I enjoyed our exchanges, and I wish to see you stay and hang out with us. You are a good guy overall, and perhaps you have not settled fully into the rep collector mentality, which differs somehow from the mindset of a gen collector, which you may have been for years. ;)

Martijn, Daytona1984 and I are not shooters and you are definitely not the target of deliberate intent sir. But we have been around long enough to automatically point our scopes and rifles in the direction of a potential "target". If my words made you feel bad or misunderstood, I am willing to apologize specifically for making you feel that way mate. But at the end of the day, I hope to share the forum with you and enjoy the journey together with you, regardless of your personal collection or past. Yes I can respect your privacy and sense of propietership, but only if you show that you wish to have them respected as well, by not flaunting ostentatiously or projecting an inflated image of yourself to impress. Let us just share this hobby together Darren and not let our individual pride, collections, and accomplishments be barriers in communication, fellowship or learning. Those belong to you by default, and when you choose to disclose them, the knowledge you share then belongs to the forum and is at the discretion of the members to process and respond to in various ways.

For the record, I would respect you the same way whether you own just a $100 entry level rep, 20 frankens, or 150 gens, as long as you interact and share with us all in the same polite, respectful manner. Yes, you may have the money to buy a $100,000 watch. But you cannot buy respect in the same manner. 

Thats all Darren. I wish you a lovely day ahead, and yes, a belated happy birthday buddy. Stay and grow with us. :)     

Alvin,

For the record, i do take the Baits quite well and you already know that, had it of been just you, considering out chats on the phone, id have swallowed gently but when other jump in, i was rather upset last night and couldnt sleep !  BTW where's my you know what ? is it done ?

D