When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC photos of SA....is it me?

Journeyman

Hi,

I was wondering whether I could have your views on this watch. I've been after an SA for a while but wanted one with a white face and I've got a spare new genuine Breitling Barena Leather strap which I thought would look good with it. Checked the TD's QC picture on his site before buying it and it looked fine so proceeded with the purchase. Now received the actual QC shots of the watch and the Date Window, date font look different and Breitling 1884 printing looks thicker, the face also looks yellower but that could be just flash.

QC shot from site.

post-62696-0-27780900-1411465013_thumb.j

Actual QC shot.

post-62696-0-61403600-1411465026_thumb.j

I've asked the TD whether this is definitely the watch I ordered and he's said it is and they're all like this.

Welcome your views and how I can resolve this.

Thanks

Mark

Looks like a different watch to me, look at the crown, the pushers and the bezel...

Thanks Markiemark, thought the same too, especially with the pushers, ones on the top photo seem to be longer/deeper. Its the date font and window and quality of printing that needle me the most.

Also noticed the rings round the sub registers are smaller too.

Have asked TD for a refund, he's now saying I'm nitpicking but I don't think I am.

Does anyone know which factories makes these, is it more than one? thought best quality one was H Factory.

Thanks Markiemark, thought the same too, especially with the pushers, ones on the top photo seem to be longer/deeper. Its the date font and window and quality of printing that needle me the most.

Also noticed the rings round the sub registers are smaller too.

Have asked TD for a refund, he's now saying I'm nitpicking but I don't think I am.

Does anyone know which factories makes these, is it more than one? thought best quality one was H Factory.

Has nothing to do with nitpicking. You want A, you get B...

Hmmm, maybe Paul, but I don't know why there's +$20 difference in price between Toro and PT (308) and Intime (308).

Thank you to everyone for their input on this so far, its much appreciated.

Mark

I have found that Toro has a much smaller selection of watches, but all are very good quality.   

I'm not sure you want to divulge it, but whom did you get it from?

Also the QC pics on a website mean nothing to me. When I order a watch the TD sends me ACTUAL pictures of the watch they are sending for my approval. Is that what happened here or does the dealer you use just go by what's on their website?