When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most difficult conversation in my life.

Cats

Cats, having recently lost 2 family members to cancer, I have tended to remain silent during your struggle as there is little to say that you have not already heard. Still, I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear the disheartening news. But try to hang in there as many new cancer treatments are in the pipeline which, while they may not provide a cure or long-term remission, may give you (usable) time & be a bridge to the next 'new treatment'.

• Like 1

...thanks i guess thats the penalty for not being very active on the board -

just read the sad news  :wounded1:

You are a veteran member of this board Katerchen, and you must have known Cats a bit better than most of us, given the fact that he was a member for about as long as you are.. 

Do share with us some insights into the life of this intrepid man if you are able to, and feel inclined in any way...

It is really sad especially when I go back to read his last posts on RWG. :(

thank you @Legend i stumbled over this post too late - however i do feel that other senior members could tell much more

about Bert - i never contacted him privately but from posts i remember there surely are a few qualities that come to 

my mind when thinking about him.. to me he always seemed to be a reasonable and sensitive guy when posting something.

I often remember that his opinions had an encouraging and even-handed touch :(

so sad we loose a great guy as a person and valuable member of our community.

• Like 1

thank you @Legend i stumbled over this post too late - however i do feel that other senior members could tell much more

about Bert - i never contacted him privately but from posts i remember there surely are a few qualities that come to 

my mind when thinking about him.. to me he always seemed to be a reasonable and sensitive guy when posting something.

I often remember that his opinions had an encouraging and even-handed touch :(

so sad we loose a great guy as a person and valuable member of our community.

Dear Katerchen

I always respect long-time members like your good self, who must have been around when this RWG started.

Members like your good self probably paved the way for the rest of us, and must have hoards of knowledge about life and watches to share! ;)

Yes we lost a good pioneer member, and I find his passing very sad for various personal reasons, but we still have other senior members like yourself, Nanuq, etc to speak to and learn from.

Absurdly, I find it very heartening to see a post from someone who has been around as long as you have. 

If you could try not to disappear into the woodwork again, it would be nice to learn a thing or two from guys like you. 

Gentlemen

I have not been a member here long. I hope it would not be out of place to ask. Would the admin/mods consider turning this thread into a sticky? Reading this really touches me deeply and is a testament to this forum and I believe sticky would stand as a small memorial to our brother Cats. I like to think his son may stumble upon it one day!

Best

Paul

• Like 2