When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Remove "Rolex" Name & Logo from Dial?

jc0515

Hi All,

I'm building a project watch for my wife using an Invicta Pro Diver as a base.  The dial markers are tiny and I was thinking about replacing them with some rep sub mariner markers from an old dial.  I actually wanted to find some CZ, or Rhinstone markers, but gave on finding chips. 

As I thought about this, I was wondering if I could just swap the dials, but remove the 'Rolex' logo at 12 o'clock.  These are painted on I guess, so I'm not sure if it's possible.

So I'm looking for advice on:

1) Removing Rolex logo from rep dial

2) Swapping dial markers - I was warned a long time ago not to use Superglue, but have used it successfully in the past.

3) Any source for faux diamond chips for markers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I suppose it could be done as mentioned. Very light scraping and refinishing. Seems like a lot of work though. Why not just buy a sterile sub dial?

...that's what I'm leaning towards.  Thought I would try the "remove" if there was an easy way because I have a few old dials.  I think I found a sterile on the bay for about $10, but they seem to be 29mm, and mine are 26+ mm.

I can tell you from experience that having acetone anywhere near a dial will go bad real quick.

It's great if you wanna turn your dial in to a blank. :lol:

Maybe it depends on the dial and I am not suggesting drowning it in the stuff!

I have had success using acetone to remove the print from a Yuki rep dial, the acetone did not remove any of the underlying 'enamel'.