When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew's "Super Sub"?

pcardoza

Has anyone taken the plunge on the ROLSUB0017 - Submariner SS Black "ULTIMATE" - Swiss ETA 2836-2 on TT?

http://www.trusty-watch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=1234

Lots of claims made as to full service on the movement, additional waterproof measures, brand new maker (JF maybe?)......    At $500, it's slightly less than BK or TC.   I'm wondering how it compares to those........    

It could be the new answer to "Who makes the best Sub?"............    LOL!!!!!    :snorkel: 

eh. after shipping, you may as well pay a little more and get a TC.

the dial has the anorexic crown.

crown guards look horrible.

Hands are nowhere near TC quality.

Dial print doesnt come close to TC.

A2836 so the stem height is gonna be too low.

insert printing doesnt look good.

pearl isnt bad.

the crown doesnt look bad

bracelet and clasp look good too.

SEL fit seems nice but overall, its no TC.

www.trusty-watch.com/bmz_cache/9/9f4e9a6b4c2535e45230b4e24fa0dc64.image.733x550.JPG

:lol:

the print is already falling off the dial.

i highly doubt these were made by "swiss trained technicians"

I have that one, it has some tells like the pearl in the insert just felt down and the cyclops is too big IMO, but the watch keeps great time (+2 sec per day) and i snorkeled with it without problems, let me know if you want me to post some pictures.

• Like 1

I have that one, it has some tells like the pearl in the insert just felt down and the cyclops is too big IMO, but the watch keeps great time (+2 sec per day) and i snorkeled with it without problems, let me know if you want me to post some pictures.

Sure! Pics would be terrific!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC V6 delivered in EU:   $548 + $22 = $570

Andrew delivered in EU: $508 + $70 = $578, it´s more expensive, optical window dressing.

TC not only looks, it IS way, way better and 9 out of 10 are good (estimate) vs. probably 3 or 4 good 3 or 4 medium and 2 or 3 very bad (estimate) from the other maker. Only thing I liked was they tried to put a serviced ETA in it (is it?) without all the colourful decorations -  and that´s a good thing.

Look at how thin the TC is - height between caseset and bezelring

tcbigDSC_9643.jpg

Tc always on the right

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

I don't think that is too bad. I have 2 tc's and love them but really think people get caught up with issues only seen with macro photography

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk 2

+1. On this forum, we discuss, to a superfluous and sometimes inordinate extent, the flaws and tells on our reps.

In real life, most of these "undesirables" are all diminished except for the most egregious ones.