When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor relume

robpatte

Okay, next question about a gen Tudor that I bought 15 years ago. I remember being really impressed at the time of purchase with the lume, but as the years have gone by, the lume has faded to nothing. And a couple of years ago I managed to chip the sapphire (just under the cyclops, tiny but it's there) and one of the links in the bracelet has managed to buckle, not badly but it spolis the look. I'll post pictures when I get home.

My questions are:

1. Is it worth having the dial relumed? Or is it just better being 'authentic' and lumeless

2. How much should I be paying to have the sapphire replaced?

3. A buckled link? How on earth am I gonna fix that? Can I actually buy a single link anywhere? Or am I in for a whole new bracelet?

For that model I would leave it. It will kill its value if you do.

But then again it is your watch and you should do as you please. If you've had it for 15 years it sounds like a keeper so as long as you're happy with it.

I would personally just search for a service dial and hands so you can keep the original dial hands.

I agree 100% anything that you do to an original dial will greatly decrease the value. And all original watch is much more desirable than one that has a refinished or relumed dial.

I believe that as someone suggested. Get a luminova service dial and hands, will glow better than the original, keep the old dial hands in the eventuality that you might want to sell it atsome future date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk