When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Prod. JF Schumi is out Now

Tinitonsi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J, I am a low-profile collector of gen watches, like you are.

But I think we both understand the value of owning a watch, gen or rep, for our own pleasure, and not needing to show it (them) to the world.

What we wear, where we stay, what we drive, are all private affairs as far as we are concerned.

The man stepping out of a Lamborghini and the man sedately driving his Toyota gets the same amount of respect from me, and I would not hesitate to tell either off if they step on my toes. Likewise for the guy flaunting his AP and the dude casually enjoying his G Shock. They are personal choices of watches and does not make the owner more respectable or impressive in my humble 2 cents opinion. The watch is meant to please the wearer and not the rest of the world.

I wear my gens and reps almost equally, and I could not care less who looks at my watches. They are for me solely and not a single other person. I have stepped out of my fairly exotic car wearing a rep, and I have driven my more mundane work car wearing a $50k gen. Its my choice, like it is the choice of any one of you when it comes to what to wear, where to live, what to drive etc. Wealth is relative, and the world is a superficial place.

Create your own universe and be happy in it. Live by your rules and keep yourself happy, as long as you do not cause harm to any others in the process. If your neighbour thinks your watch is a replica, its not your problem. If he thinks its gen, its not your problem either. Choose your watch and wear it well, and may you have many happy moments when you glance at it. The rest of the world? Why, it doesn't really matter does it? There are more than 6 billion people in this world. You only need to please one, where your watch is concerned. [/quote

Very well said.. Same sentiment cos in my trade. I wear safety shoe, jeans n tee shirt to work .but I face white collar ppl tat literally looks dwn at me sometimes when I worn my watches and the looks they gave me. Even I worn a gen .they think is fake. But at the end day. You need not pleased anyone. Just feel comfortable with your pocket is most impt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never judge a book by its cover mate, one client of mine rides a pedal scooter and is very wealthy he runs around with a 44mm gold Ap try and call him out ! Especially in a singlet and jeans and thongs......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk from Mars

100%

For the most part I walk around in under armor tee shorts and nikes

Yes I hope out of a bentkey Lambo or whatever but when people can't see it they judge until they see my watch

I hate judgemental people

And we should never judge a book by its cover!

My friend is a billionaire and you'd never know!

I find this place fascinating and I don't judge you guys :)

100%

For the most part I walk around in under armor tee shorts and nikes

Yes I hope out of a bentkey Lambo or whatever but when people can't see it they judge until they see my watch

I hate judgemental people

And we should never judge a book by its cover!

My friend is a billionaire and you'd never know!

I find this place fascinating and I don't judge you guys :)

Men cloaked with both wealth and humility have the right values in place for the achievement of greatness.  

I am probably twice as old as most of you folk here. I've seen all of this unfold, and there have been countless discussions over the years about who can and can't pull off wearing reps of expensive watches. Every situation is unique, and it's pretty darn difficult to be able to type cast people into neat little categories. None of us have  special intuitive powers that6 enable us to look at someone and immediately size them up as to what they are worth, and whether or not they are able to afford the watch they are wearing, the handbag they are carrying, the shoes they wearing, etc. And to be perfectly frank, I don't care. I' don't give a whit about what car someone drives, their clothes, houses, jewelry or where they vacation. Just doesn't interest me at all. I also am not trying to impress anyone, so I wear what suits me, I drive a vehicle that  I can easily get serviced in my small home town (Drove BMW's Mercedes and Range Rovers for years until I woke up and realized that I was a slave to vehicles, what with all of them requiring a 100+ mile drive to the nearest dealer for every problem or service). Just not worth the effort!!) Live in a nice house, with a beautiful wife, and I'm as happy as a clam.      

What legend said above is absolutely correct. I have friends that have Millions, they liver in nice houses, but not mansions, they drive reasonable cars, and most only over indulge when it comes to the things they really care about. If they are not into cars, they probably drive a Ford or Chevrolet, Honda or maybe a Mercedes or Lexus. They might well drive their Toyota pickup to the airport to get on their Citation IV to fly to St. Thomas for a week on their 120 foot yacht.(Real friend, real truck, real plane, real yacht!!) If you didn't know they had these expensive toys, you would never ever think they were super wealthy. Several others in the same category, some like cars, one of my colleagues is and avid race car driver. He has a Fords GT-40 and a supped up Corvette in his garage, as well as no telling how many race cars that he owns/drives in vintage racing events all over the country. His everyday car, a beat up old single cab Chevrolet pickup!! This guy has plenty of money, but if you were around him for a week, you would never know it unless you engaged him about racing, then you might get some idea as to what he 's worth by the number and quality of cars he owns!! So like was said above, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

There are lots and lots of very wealthy folks in this world who chose to "fly under the radar" for whatever reasons. Perfect examples of these people are folks like Sam Walton ,the founder of WalMart who drove a Chevrolet Pickup up until his death, and Warren Buffet who still lives in the same house that he has owned for years, and drives a regular old plain vanilla car every day. The list of these folks could go on for pages. So don't automatically assume that the Gold Rolex is a replica just because the guy gets out of his truck dressed in jeans and t-shirt. On the other hand if a 17 year old kid gets out of his Honda Civic to deliver a pizza to my door, I would probably be skeptical of his Rose Gold AP. And then again, even in this situation, I might well be wrong!!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have to say its a amazing piece ... the way the light catches the bezel and polished sides  ... its a real eye catcher !  a super rep almost apart from the down side being the grey and non metallic finish what a shame even that said .. its one of my favourite ap reps .. so far , super soft rubber strap like gen!!  well worth pulling the trigger on this one ..you wont regret it all!!

This is the old version. In V2 the tachy rings are already updated..

Here the metal is flat and way too wide..

You can already see the update model on pure time

I think what Z showed and the one on Puretime is one and the same. The difference could be due to angle and lighting. 

There is only one version released. In the pre-order version, the subdial rings were too thick and this was corrected.