When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phong's Tudor Snowflake

studiocityanonymous

Phew. Those arnt cheap.

I think they're not reviewed much because they're very expensive and most snowflake Tudors I've seen were usually built.

A cartel base with a yuki dial and hands is a lot cheaper than phongs.

I have had both and I can tell you a cartel case will never be close to a phong or gen flake. Side by side with a gen, the cartel case is obviously a rep. Even after the RA crown guard mod.

The case back can be engraved but it is still missing the groove around the ridges.

The Phong flake can sometimes be great. He does not offer QC pics. The case and dial is a crap shoot. Some have the late model spec cg's and some don't. The dial can have the incorrect font size on the Tudor and no bevel in the date window. Stick to the no date dials.

If the Phong is out of your budget, id rather use the helenarou 5513 case as a base. It looks 10 times better than the cartel cases!

Edited by DVNE

Really? I liked yours a lot too. I remember seeing it on rwi. With the crystal off I didn't notice the rehaut wokky. I'll check again in a few days when I get one of mines back and snap a few pics.

Well of course not but the price difference is quite high.

For the money, a cartel isn't bad.

For the money, its definitely not bad. Heck I built 2 cartel snowflakes - back to back!

For another $300 to get the Phong, it was money well spent for the upgrades (proper case back, engraved bridges on the movement, proper crown height, better crown guards).

Nanuq's build made me want one. (Heck, his whole collection makes me want 1 of everything he has. Lol)

Really? I liked yours a lot too. I remember seeing it on rwi. With the crystal off I didn't notice the rehaut wokky. I'll check again in a few days when I get one of mines back and snap a few pics.

Hmm.. Which one? I've owned about 3 of them.

Here's one I own now... Case is unknown but it's very good.

IMG_20140313_093654_zpsgarrhdsk.jpg

This was the phong...

2P1020149_zps630ca223.jpg

14P1020143_zps2f967791.jpg

Edited by phillycheez