When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot 4000 new full service and new double AR

astonjenks

As a recent project I purchased a Hublot 4000 in an M2M deal that required some work.

It had an H screw missing (thanks Toro), damaged AR coating that really let her down and wasn't running well.

So the H Screw was easy'ish' and the full strip down service was undertaken by a guy I now consider as more than just a modder but a friend 'SSTEEEL' aka Mickey performed a wonderful full service on the movement and waterproofing. I also managed to secure, after much searching a UK company that will perform AR Coating for me through an aquiantance at a very reasonable cost (PM me if you need AR).

So the finished result is a beautifully working, looking and waterproof Hublot 4000 Diver, many thanks to those involved.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-67398500-1413022558_thumb.j

post-48021-0-44751800-1413022570_thumb.j

post-48021-0-46503300-1413022599_thumb.j

post-48021-0-04853400-1413022614_thumb.j

• Like 3

So it's in-line with the Sunnydale costs over RWI, good, VERY good to have another AR service possibility (mainly considering that Sunny works only with batch of 100 pieces so it's always a LOOOOOOONG time requested for each batch to e collected and then exected).

Thanks mate!

This particular version of the diver is very accurate to gen, and virtually, I had some hard time distinguishing the rep from the gen when it was worn on the wrist of a mate.

It is large, wears large, and is comfortable on the wrist too. 

Congrats my friend, wear her well. :)

Wow, that ar looks good, as well as the whole watch. As I am not sure if I will do any more rounds after this current, it is good to have new possibilities. Just some additional questions about the ar, sorry not SO interested of this particular watch model: can you get individual crystals ar coated, and what is the reflection color of this ar?