When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

looking for best dress watch rep for patek, jaeger, ALS, vacheron

gamerfry

Hi, 

I'm looking for the best possible dress watch rep from the above companies. It seems to be extremely difficult to find ANY dress watches that have an even half decent rep made. Often the colors are wrong, the font size on the dial is wrong, etc. One thing I've noticed in particular is that the dials on gens seem to have this speckled silver look to them where it looks like the paint has been mixed with some type of metal and it sparkles, almost all the reps I have seen miss this. Please let me know if there is anything at all that will suit my needs. It seems somewhat ridiculous to me that the most desirable watches in the world have the least reps of them. Thanks.

You're right there are not many. I think it's because many of the real high end rep watches have very complex movements that there is just no good way to replicate. Others are not that desirable. Most people like sportier watches for daily wear.

Keep looking, you may be surprised with what you find.

Consider this, for what you will pay for a decent dress watch rep like a Patek etc. You can pick up a nice vintage 9ct gold watch on eBay. Sure it won't have that high end name but it will have real value, be reliable and hold it's value.

Just an option, good luck.

I got recently this from M2M and I'm very happy with it. Only part I had to fix with a bit of grain 1000 sandpaper was the buckle that was a bit sharp on the 2 angles that touch the skin.

http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=919

I do like this one! In the info it says SS but  it looks like its been painted with RG, is this the case? How is the dial on it? Is it just pure white or does it have that "metallic" look I was talking about? Thanks.

Not painted, it's gold plated.

This one doesn't appear "metallic" in the gen too, so it's ok.

Here a couple of pics of mine (with gen alligator aftermarket strap):

post-63910-0-77766800-1413047819.jpgpost-63910-0-09708100-1413047839.jpg

If you buy it, be sure to check the case back screw when it will arrive, the previous owner missed one, and when I put the replacement screw and I checked the others, they were all more or less not properly tightened 

• 3 weeks later...

GenTle,

I'm very interested in purchasing a Datograph Flyback myself, and was wondering if you could give some feedback on the quality of the watch over time - are screws holding, is the movement accurate? How is the hand-winding movement working out? 

Much appreciate any and all feedback. I'm currently stationed abroad and don't get to wear my gen Breguet and am longing for something classy to fill the void!

Cory

Hi Cory,

This comes from an m2m purchase, and until now I have used it for a total of 5 days.

Anyway during this period I have appreciated the timekeeping precision, chrono funtionality and its overall quality.

It came from the deal with a lost screw on the backside (the seller advised that) but I had one that fit, and I checked the others and found them a bit loose. So as from all the reps ALWAYS check the screws before using it.

Only drawback is the tang buckle which is a bit sharp (Dal on rwg recently got a steel version and found the same) but nothing a bit of 1500 sandpaper can't fix (the only gold plated part exposed then will be something like 4mm2 in contact with your skin, so not visible).

I'm overall very happy with it :)

• 1 month later...

I've had my Datograph RG for a year. I put. a Hirsch glossy croc strap on it and it is a stunner dress watch. Highly recommended. It keeps perfect time and looks great. I've not had any problems with the screws on mine either. I'm an AP guy, but this is the dress watch!

Sent from the USS Enterprise using this species' primitive communications network via Tapatalk