When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First grail build

cyberwarhol

Hi there. I have been reading around on all different forums for a while now and finally decided to give it a try.

I am planning on building my birthday Grail and it all started in the purchase of the Whoopy SR prototype dial..... That was since the beginning of the year. Slowly saving up and constantly searching for components....

Now I have a gen 1570 movement, gen t-19 crystal (also a Clark t-39), gen 1680 hands, gen bezel insert with a luminova pip ( NOS so it is not a vintage insert with boxy 4 or kissing 5), new gen 24-703 crown and tube (700 is what I really want but too $$), gen stem, a rep sideways rolex crown buckle, a sterile riveted bracelet and gen fat spring bars in the mail.

I am not close yet but now I am looking for opinions of am I on the right track? Also what case and bezel assy I should get?

I think to find a gen case is not easy or cheap, if there are even real gen cases in the market.

I think the phong prototype case is thinner (gen like) and probably a sterile 1680 case back and do the engraving of 'patent pending' afterwards will be good enough. Thought? Probably $$ so I am still saving up for them.

What else am I missing?

Thanks for your help and opinions.

And yes, I will have to do some vintage lume on the dial and hands and perhaps and gen vintage pearl or something close.

A

dc9e0fdf5551f3e02910211894c919d1.jpg

Sent from myusing Tapatalk