When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My very first noob question but gotta ask!

Ezio

So i Got the opportunity to buy one of these watches as a gift but cant really decide so hope to get some help what Would you take

A dw case 1680 red with gen plexi asian ETA

Or a brand new noob deepsea im totally lost

What Would be the best buy for a guy who wants either one since i cant ask him i ask you guys :D

DW cases make good 1680s.

Asian etaclones are, well....

Otoh the noob deepsea may have an etaclone too.

Guys new to rolex replicas usually want modern styles but the deepsea is a whopper to wear.

Deepsea parts are hard to find compared to 1680 stuff.

'Mature' submariner replica guys usually move to vintage models sooner or later.

It's a toss up.

Testimonials:

"I wore a deepsea replica for a few days and now my left arm is longer than the right." 

"After wearing a replica 1680 for a while, I developed a craving for cheap, greasy submarine sandwiches."    :pimp:

Thanks for the help at the moment guys

And yes i like the 1680 alot more Then the dssd but its for a good friend of mine he is a Big guy 1.98m and around 130kilo bodybuilder type im pulling Towards the dssd for the size of him and the watch and he aint that Much Into watches so he might not care about the history of the watch and it will probably look like a 26mm watch On him haha

i think the DSSD looks horrible. the thick case/lugs, the ring lock..etc all look a bit clumsy. 

unless you really are a deep sea diver, i think a regular Seadweller looks better.

with the given choices though, id go with a 1680.

1680s are pure class imo.

its not the generic submariner every banker has. its for a true aficionado. 

with that said, i need to start a new vintage build. i miss my 1680. :(

considering hes a big fellow, maybe he should go for a AP, Omega PO 45mm or a Patek?

lots of good looking large watches out there that look much better than the DSSD.

hell, even a DJII at 41mm is a good choice if he wants a rolex

Edited by Bc1221

Thanks for the help at the moment guys

And yes i like the 1680 alot more Then the dssd but its for a good friend of mine he is a Big guy 1.98m and around 130kilo bodybuilder type im pulling Towards the dssd for the size of him and the watch and he aint that Much Into watches so he might not care about the history of the watch and it will probably look like a 26mm watch On him haha

Totally agree, if your gonna give the watch as a gift for a big guy the DSSD is a better option IMO.

Personally i prefer the 1680 and i used to have a gen years ago it fitted perfect on my small wirst better than my DSSD, but it depends on the person who's wearin' and in this case the 1680 would look too small in that guy's wrist.

DSSD. I have worn mine every day since it arrived and I was afraid it would be too large! however as big as it is, it wears easily with everything from suits to polos. Speaking as a lover of watches personally I would like the 1680 or a 5514 even... but they were not my first choice, it was only after getting bitten that I began to admire the vintage styles, your friend may or may not become an aficionado. He will however appreciate the unmistakable style of the DeepSea SeaDweller.

(personal opinion yours may vary)