When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega LMPO from Toro-problems

mkong

Got a LMPO asian eta from Toro three days ago. Its beautiful BUT the movement seems to have an issue as the watch keeps randomly stopping. First day I thought maybe it wasnt fully wound but even after fully winding or wearing all day for three days now, watch keeps stopping...

Sent email to Toro 2 days ago but got no reply. What should I do...? :(

Any idea on what is wrong with the watch..? Its on my wrist now and is dead.

I understand on waiting and dont mind being patient but funny how replies are fast before sale and slow after sale. I guess I should not have paid by WU...

Edited by mkong

Any idea on what is wrong with the watch..? Its on my wrist now and is dead.

I understand on waiting and dont mind being patient but funny how replies are fast before sale and slow after sale. I guess I should not have paid by WU...

What does WU have to do with anything? Filing a PP dispute for a delivered watch is a good way to get yourself blacklisted from dealers and the forums.

What does WU have to do with anything? Filing a PP dispute for a delivered watch is a good way to get yourself blacklisted from dealers and the forums.

+1

Toro is a great dealer. Patience is the key as these are not items you pick up from a local store that come with a warrantee.

I got a reply from Toro stating to goto watch repair or send it back to him. Nothing was stated about the costs of repair by a watch smith, shipping cost to china or the clasp issue. I was patient but expected a more detailed reply.

It seems like I am not the only one complaining about a non-noob watch http://www.replica-w...d.php?t=199574.

Now (apart from patience), this is very disappointing..wrote another email to Toro about the costs as well as the clasp.

digging earlier threads, the noob lmpo seem to have sloppy lume jobs (a little worse with the current ones). from that, i think it's safe to assume that watch above is from the noob factory.

indywatchguy one back in dec seems to be really good though. must of been his lucky day :P/

digging earlier threads, the noob lmpo seem to have sloppy lume jobs (a little worse with the current ones). from that, i think it's safe to assume that watch above is from the noob factory.

indywatchguy one back in dec seems to be really good though. must of been his lucky day :P/

Thanks dude :)

Make sure that you include the helium that are down because it can completely unscrew. I lost my helium valve like that and it is really annoying to replace.

Does the watch keep good time?

Yes. Loctite on the He valve goes a long way toward retention. Also, if the case is drilled all the way through for the He valve, a little bit of epoxy can be used to seal the hole for water-tightness.

I got a reply from Toro stating to goto watch repair or send it back to him. Nothing was stated about the costs of repair by a watch smith, shipping cost to china or the clasp issue. I was patient but expected a more detailed reply.

It seems like I am not the only one complaining about a non-noob watch http://www.replica-w...d.php?t=199574.

Now (apart from patience), this is very disappointing..wrote another email to Toro about the costs as well as the clasp.

When you deal in replicas, you take the risk of them showing up DOA. in this case you have a few options.

Get it fixed locally and eat the cost.

Send it back to china for repair but you eat the shipping cost and risk of it getting lost.

Sell it as a DOA, count your losses and move on.

This isn't amazon. These watches don't come with a warranty. You're dealing in illegal, counterfeit goods. Not tryin to be mean but you should have known what you were getting in to. That's how this hobby works. I've had my share of DOA watches and spent my own money on parts and fixed them. 1000s of other people had similar situations. That's just how it is.

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem with my LMPO blue titanium from Toro but with a supposed Swiss movement.  According to The Zigmeister (when he was repairing watches) it was one of the most messed up movements he ever saw and the watch came with a crown that was not even attached to a stem and the stem was not in the watch!! (so much for QC).  My advise, do not send it back to China, the general consensus on the various rep boards is this will take forever and the package may go AWOL.  

My suggestion is you have 2 choices:  1) get it fixed or have a new movement added by a local watch maker or 2) buy the same watch again (perhaps new seller) and keep this one for parts.

After letting my Swiss LMPO sit for over a year, I finally got the movement repaired for $150 and then the titanium clasp would not stay shut so I bought an oem clasp on ebay for $125.  Total to date: Watch $365 + $150 repair movement and crown + $125 for a working clasp = $640........................... but the frustration was priceless!!  

Now that I have worn the LMPO a number of times I am not that taken with the watch either.  Live and learn!!

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

So let me get this straight: there's a chance that my $300 illegal copy of a $8,000 watch made in China using out-dated equipment might show up not fully functional or *gasp* flawed?  :crazy:

Yes, the the same ones sold as being of a good quality and only sent after a "thorough" quality control (QC) system. One and the same...........

There have been so many posts in these forums regarding the situation with reps and Swiss ETA's, that it's hard to imagine anyone visiting here regularly and not being aware of it.    Or is it just the paradigm of thinking that a Swiss movement MUST be the better choice, especially since it costs more?   

Maybe someone should press the TD's for their point of view on these movements and request that until something changes, they refrain from offering them?   Mods here seem to have a great rapport with many TD's and MIGHT be able to pry some real info from them?

• Like 1