When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Venus 175 and Seagull TY-1901

GenTLe

I have read around quite a lot to understand the differences between Venus 175 and Lemania 2310, and how them are in comparison to Seagull ST19 (also named TY-1901). And also why the handwind chrono nearly all declare to have Venus 175 clone inside.

I understood that the TY-1901 is a "kind of" Venus 175 clone.

Here there is an interesting story, claiming they are identical because made with the same tools: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/91877-lemania-2310-venus-175-seagull-st-19/

But in the meantime some watchmaker told me they have very few in common. The beatrate is different, the click spring is different (semi-circular while the Venus is like the Valjoux 7730 one) and few parts of the Venus fit the TY-1901, if any...

What is not clear to me yet is "How much the TY-1901 is a clone of Venus 175". For example is it a clone on the way a Seagull TY-2130 is a clone of the ETA 2824-2, so practically all the gen replacement parts fit the Chinese one? Is it like the a7750 in regard to the Valjoux 7750 where many but not all the gen parts fit the asia?

Or what else?

Thanks, Gentle.

To understand, you have to know the technology traveled this way : machines sold by the swiss industry to the russians right after the war, then given by the soviets to China in the 70's, back when there were still in love. The movement evolved in Russia. So, the ST19 is the final evolution of the evolution...