When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep or Gen Breitling Transocean Day Date

jocke

Morning fellow experts. 

I am looking at buying a genuine Breitling Transocean Day Date from a reputable online dealer for pre owned watches. I have received a couple of pictures and put down a downpayment however when I scrutinised the pictures I noticed one thing that got me worried. Note that the "SWISS MADE" is actually "SW SS MADE" on this watch. What do you guys think? Fake watch?

post-68024-0-74904400-1415437686_thumb.j

post-68024-0-61637200-1415437690_thumb.j

post-68024-0-95638000-1415437692_thumb.j

I would definitely be weary of something like that. Extremely odd for one letter to be missing. The Transocean reps are very very good. Get them to provide a tagged picture of the inside of the watch if you want to confirm authenticity along with pictures of matching serial numbers (case, cards, etc). Having said all that, even if gen I would not buy it with a defect like that.

I would definitely be weary of something like that. Extremely odd for one letter to be missing. The Transocean reps are very very good. Get them to provide a tagged picture of the inside of the watch if you want to confirm authenticity along with pictures of matching serial numbers (case, cards, etc). Having said all that, even if gen I would not buy it with a defect like that.

Cheers krpster! Yeah my thought as well. Just glad I spotted it before I actually bought it. However never seen a rep with the I missing, there are other things standing out on those though that doesn't stand out on this one.