When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Forged Carbon Diver Noob v4 pics

markiemark

Thursday I received my FC Diver Noob v4 from PureTime. First off, I'd like to thank Angus for picking out a nice piece for me.

This is my first AP and I love it! The carbon pattern is awesome and shines when hit by direct light. The ceramics bezel is even more awesome and has hundreds of different colors depending on light. The dial is nice, crisp and clean. Overal build quality is what to expect from Noob, rock solid.

I have a 6.25" wrist and have mounted the XS strap from JF. I had to redrill the strap holes because it didn't fit.

The standard strap also fits my wrist, but needs the tightest hole. Now I'm using the 3rd on the XS.

It's probably not perfect, but I love it! And I'm looking forward adding more AP's in my collection :D

post-46462-0-49285200-1415451387_thumb.j

post-46462-0-77904300-1415451389_thumb.j

post-46462-0-99544600-1415451393_thumb.j

post-46462-0-50484800-1415451398_thumb.j

post-46462-0-66623300-1415451402_thumb.j

post-46462-0-76580100-1415451406_thumb.j

post-46462-0-66197200-1415451410_thumb.j

Congratulations on your first AP. This watch looks fantastic and it is especially nice when the sun is shining to see the structure of the carbon fibre. The hands are much better on the noob version than on the ap fc v3. I definitely have to source noob hands for my v3 since it looks much better :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful piece! You still happy with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I had to sell it to clear some funds. I wanted to fix my TC Sub and mod my Panerai.

But I think this was one of the most nicest watches I owned. Its really something different than a standard SS watch...

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I had to sell it to clear some funds. I wanted to fix my TC Sub and mod my Panerai.

But I think this was one of the most nicest watches I owned. Its really something different than a standard SS watch...

Wow wish I would have known I would have bought it! I'm in the market for that or the AP ceramic diver with orange accents.

Wow wish I would have known I would have bought it! I'm in the market for that or the AP ceramic diver with orange accents.

ee9e506264ba1f1ece6fb9f441452b3a.jpg

Here's mine!

ETA low beat movement, waterproofed to 10 atm, serviced and regulated with 55hrs power reserve and keeps time to within 2 sec a day! A dream come true I would say :lol:

@folex are you seeing this yet? :D :D

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Here's mine!

ETA low beat movement, waterproofed to 10 atm, serviced and regulated with 55hrs power reserve and keeps time to within 2 sec a day! A dream come true I would say :lol:

Hi A,

love the photo!! Did you transplant a Powermatic or do the slow beat mod?

I have to agree about the hour hand on the V4 and the Ceramic, it's much better. my V3 is a slight grey. :nea:

Here's mine!

I see it everyday bro!!

Id have to say though, your ceramic is the best hands down. Low beat swiss movement but with a 3120 plate transplant, probably the only one on this forum. You gotta post the caseback for panerai153 to see mate. What a remarkable piece! Congratz!

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

I see it everyday bro!!

Id have to say though, your ceramic is the best hands down. Low beat swiss movement but with a 3120 plate transplant, probably the only one on this forum. You gotta post the caseback for panerai153 to see mate. What a remarkable piece! Congratz!

I don't want to see it!!!!! He already has the most amazing collection of AP's around. Just kidding, Mr A has been my mentor, friend and has really helped this old man in his mostly stumbling AP quest, and thanks to him, he has rescued me from a couple of blunders. Only he knows how much he has helped me to achieve better and more dependable AP Reps.

Markie, sorry to get off subject my apologies for digressing. I really like your FC. I would love to source a good hour hand and a better AR'ed crystal for my FC V3. Yours is much better in that respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see it everyday bro!!

Its probably one of the first few A3120 decorated movements transformed to a low beat ETA, but many will follow.. the movement is still an A2824 but with a plate decoration bro, like you know well.. nothing to shout about. ;)

I don't want to see it!!!!! He already has the most amazing collection of AP's around. Just kidding, Mr A has been my mentor, friend and has really helped this old man in his mostly stumbling AP quest, and thanks to him, he has rescued me from a couple of blunders. Only he knows how much he has helped me to achieve better and more dependable AP Reps.

Markie, sorry to get off subject my apologies for digressing. I really like your FC. I would love to source a good hour hand and a better AR'ed crystal for my FC V3. Yours is much better in that respect.

Hi A,

love the photo!! Did you transplant a Powermatic or do the slow beat mod?

I have to agree about the hour hand on the V4 and the Ceramic, it's much better. my V3 is a slight grey. :nea:

Hey A

The movement in this diver is an ETA low beat, with the 3120 plate decoration. 

And my gratitude and respect goes back to you for being patient and understanding during the process of our communication, and being humble and gracious enough to learn, highly qualified professional in real-life nonwithstanding.

If every member is like you, RWG would become a community for high-society and high IQ folks ;)

Not sure about the high IQ, my wife thinks I'm not nearly as smart as she is!! I do believe that for the most part, the contributing members of this fraternity are pretty sharp. It's pretty hard to believe that folks are only "watch wise" and not pretty astute in other aspects of their lives.

Returning to your diver, did you do any other mods, outside of the plate decoration and the slow beat movement? Just wondering if anyone has done an AR mod on the cyclops? My FC V3 has very poor AR, at least to me. Having said that, I have never had a gen FC diver in my hand, so I really don't know if the gen AR is any better than mine. Next time we go on vacation to some place that has AP dealers, I'm going to try to get a feel for some of the gen models.

Not sure about the high IQ, my wife thinks I'm not nearly as smart as she is!! I do believe that for the most part, the contributing members of this fraternity are pretty sharp. It's pretty hard to believe that folks are only "watch wise" and not pretty astute in other aspects of their lives.

Returning to your diver, did you do any other mods, outside of the plate decoration and the slow beat movement? Just wondering if anyone has done an AR mod on the cyclops? My FC V3 has very poor AR, at least to me. Having said that, I have never had a gen FC diver in my hand, so I really don't know if the gen AR is any better than mine. Next time we go on vacation to some place that has AP dealers, I'm going to try to get a feel for some of the gen models.

The AR on the V4 onwards are all pretty good A. The gen diver AR is not double coated for sure, but it's just a pretty good single side coated. The ceramic model comes w an A2824 movement and the plate decoration. The low beat conversion was completed and the decorative plate put back on the ETA movement. So the result is pretty pleasing to the eye I would say. ;)

The diver has about 55hrs power reserve now, close to the gen spec of 60hrs. The powermatic80 movement is actually better than the AP3120 calibre in my opinion, more of a workhorse and less fanciful. No fluff at all sir. :) Being financially constrained, I opted for the ETA low beat conversion instead of the ultimate one involving the powermatic80. ;)

Hey Legend thanks for sharing! I absolutely luv your AP ceramic diver! Which dealer did you source it from? And why did you switch out the movement? Is the Asian 2824 not as good? I'm still tore between the Carbon and Ceramic diver. I really don't need two divers atm so I'll have to pick one! I noticed you have the correct larger crown on yours as well. Did the factory fix this flaw?

Edited by indywatchguy

Hey Legend thanks for sharing! I absolutely luv your AP ceramic diver! Which dealer did you source it from? And why did you switch out the movement? Is the Asian 2824 not as good? I'm still tore between the Carbon and Ceramic diver. I really don't need two divers atm so I'll have to pick one! I noticed you have the correct larger crown on yours as well. Did the factory fix this flaw?

Hello IndyWG

I buy most of my reps from Connie at Kingwatch, she has been my primary dealer of choice for the past 4-5 years. 

The Asian 2824 is of course a reliable movement, but the main reason I converted it is for the 21600bph rate instead of the 28800bph one that the A2824 provides.

The genuine AP diver beats at a lower frequency, and this translates to a slightly erratic looking "ticking" of the second hand on the 21600bph movement as opposed to the smooth sweep on the 28800bph A2824. This mod is mainly for accuracy. 

Yes the A3120 decorated ceramic diver is a very nice piece now, after the movement decoration and the correct crown update. The orange changes hues under different lighting like the gen. The finer details on this watch are really impressive and surprised me a little honestly. I would not tell you where or who, but this watch was worn to an event and inadvertently discussed and admired by someone (while on my wrist) who is professionally qualified and a known rep-despising snob. :lol:

That is a story for another time...;)

I will soon offer fully modded divers, brand new (FC or SS or ceramic) with the following mods:

- low beat ETA movements 21600bph

- recessed bezel screws

-service and water resistance to 6atm (enough for swimming and snorkelling and some light diving)

• Like 1

Hi was just wondering what the new ceramic crown update was on the noob ceramic diver...is it as big as on noob v4 fc diver? I have a noob 3120 decorated version biught a couple of months ago and aas i terested to see if it has changed since then

Thanks pb

I will soon offer fully modded divers, brand new (FC or SS or ceramic) with the following mods:

- low beat ETA movements 21600bph

- recessed bezel screws

-service and water resistance to 6atm (enough for swimming and snorkelling and some light diving)

Hey Legend

When you do, please hit me up with a PM.

Thank you :-)