When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building a 16800 Late Transitional Franken - Would appreciate some guidance

jigelow

He's selling a ST3035. Won't work with y3135 without modifications.

This is correct, but I have a 2834-2 in my ST3035 case and a 2836-2 will also work.

Finding a ST3135 would be cheaper than a TC case, and they used to come with lugholes. They run around $200 with the bezel and crystal, I believe.

My matte dial 16800 was finished recently after a long wait for everything to fall into place.

I managed to source an open 6/9 DW from VRF. It fits the Y3135 perfectly.

ff43585509e0e6e093fda921e8f44c7e.jpg

Spec is

ST3135 case/caseback/full bezel assembly

serviced Y3135

Gen cal 3135 DW from early trit 16610

Gen 703 crown

Gen 7030 tube

Gen No LEC crystal

Gen matte dial

Y3135 hands

Gen trit insert

WSO 501b end links

PureTime 93150.

I'll likely replace the endlinks, bracelet & caseback for gen once so have spare funds.

The final piece of the puzzle will be getting the case engraved from phone with correct 5mil serial.

Edited by Pseudonym
  • Like 1

http://www.vintagerolexforum.com

I also have a gen 3135 with modern font I bought from Misiekped FS if interested.

Good luck!!

For some reason I can't post the whole link... Anywho just search for 3135 DW & it's around the 3rd thread down.

Found the thread, but looks like the guy wasn't registered. Not sure if my reply actually went through. That site is painful to look at.

Weird. I only saw one post from someone named Rob that said he had one. No contact info was left. The post was from August. I'll have to search again tonight.

I am Rob ;)

There was a post after that. Click "view all" & it'll be there. As said, I've asked the seller to confirm if he still has one - he said he'd check & get back to me :D

Ah, dang. Missed where you said that. On my phone at work. Thanks a ton! I really appreciate the help!

I head from the seller today, & unfortunately it's bad news. He only has a cal 3035 left.

Might be an idea to post a WTB around all the gen fora for what you need.

Best of luck!

I know patience is the key in this hobby, but damn I'm antsy to find a case. I think I'm going to get a modern date disc so I can begin assembly but keep looking for an open 6/9. It's torture having all these parts lying around and nothing I can do with them. I feel like a kid before Christmas that found where his folks hid the toys. All I can do is look at them in their packages.