When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Replica issues

Paulza

Hi Guys!

Super excited. Bought this replica Rolex Deep Sea. It's a beautiful thing. Got it yesterday. Apologies for the picture quality - in need I can upload better quality pictures.

The movement works fine. However with the caseback on the watch lasts for about an hour then stops. I left the case back off last night and when I woke up the watch was still ticking. Put the caseback on, hand wound it about 15 to 20 times and sure enough stopped and hour later. Took the caseback off again and it's been running no problem the whole day. I can only assume that the caseback is somehow interfering with the movement. Any ideas?

As an aside can the buffs here tell me what movement this is?

Thanks for your help

Attached Images

post-66375-0-96750400-1416154557_thumb.j

post-66375-0-24015900-1416154579_thumb.j

post-66375-0-64239100-1416154596_thumb.j

post-66375-0-66323000-1416154620_thumb.j

Those photos are pretty bad, but looking at the case and the caseback, where is the gasket? I think that bc1221 is probably correct, the caseback is binding on the rotor. If there isn't a gasket, it's allowing the caseback to screw down too far and hit the rotor

Agreed - pictures are terrible. Will post some better ones in the am - pretty late here and the family is asleep! There is a gasket ( will send some pics). If the rotor is stuck would that account for the watch stopping after 1 hour even if fully hand wound?

Cheers

Was wondering about the gasket as well but it´s there. All points like said above plus see that the 2 screws holding the movement are holding it in place, maybe just check if they are tight. As temporary solution just screw the caseback hand-tight.

Others: one of the hands could be catching and if You lay it facedown (when the caseback is open) it moves freely. Just try to leave the watch facedown (with caseback) to see if it stops or runs.

Sometimes when the crown is screwed in too tight it also stops the movement (sometimes after a while). Try leaving it open or just screwed in a little as well.

Good luck in sorting it out.

Ok so it looks like it's not the caseback. It turns out the watch runs fine as long as I don't WEAR it?? I associated the caseback with the problem as I never wore the watch with the caseback off for obvious reasons and so it worked fine. I can only assume now that the rotor whilst moving (ie when I am wearing it) is causing the watch to run down or interfering with something else.

Any ideas? Or is this better solved with a replacement 21j? I checked on parts sale section but nothing at the moment - will check ebay as well. Or is a replacement best procured from a TD?

Sigh

Thanks for the help

So you have wound it and left it sitting with the case back on and it stops?

You are right in that if it's wound by hand, even if the rotor is sticking on the caseback it should still run for longer than a day.

If it's working OK when you wear it and only runs for a short time when sitting on a table that could be many thing, from too much oil, no oil, broken jewel, misalignment.

If you like the watch and want it to last a good few years the best advice is to get one of the watchsmiths here to properly service the movement. In most cases that'll get it working properly, and if there is some problem with the movement they can sort that out easily.

Getting a replacement movement is not a guaranteed solution, as these Asian & Chinese movements aren't put together in clean rooms, so have dirt in them and can also arrive with no oil or too much oil, so you may well end up needing the new movement serviced.

Thanks Guys . I see the miyota 8205 has day and date, and the 8215 has just the date, I assume both will work even though my watch does not have window for the day? Also I see that the 8205 is more expensive then the 8215, I assume that is because it's a better movement ? Or is that not necessarily the case?

There's a few watchsmiths in the EU, US and Aus.

I don't know of any in SA. I would guess you would be in the best position to know about any customs problems you may have, and if it'd be easier to send it to EU, US or Aus?

Do a new post asking if anyone knows if there are any watchsmith in your location.