When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trying to choose a 45mm PO

BadSamaritan

Hi,

Although I haven't posted a lot, I've been studying the forums almost every day since January and I've bought 2 reps so far.  I lead in with this info to demonstrate I haven't simply breezed by here to grab a quick answer... but I am seeking your opinions. :-)

My next rep purchase will be a 45mm PO.  I understand there are some very accurate PO reps out there and one is regarded as 2013's rep of the year.  I'll cut to the chase-- basically, I'd like to know if the products listed below are among the ones most highly-regarded by expert members on this forum.  In terms of accurate resemblance to the gen, as well as quality and reliability of the movement and hardware, are these a good choice?  Is the Noobfactory version better in these respects?

http://www.tswatchltd.com/15681-om15681-planet-ocean-ceramic-bezel-black-dial-ss-45mm-8500.html

http://www.tswatchltd.com/14861-14861.html

Thanks for any advice!

Dave

Hi Dave, thats a nice watch.  I haven't been on the forum in over a month, i too am looking for a 45 PO, was thinking the chrono.  I had read that noobfactory was better than BP....have you researched that?  Its somewhere in this forum...some dealers prefer noob, some BP....but a few members made good points about noob being a bit better (although i personally probably couldn't tell the difference)

Also hadn't looked at Tswatch...

had narrowed my search down to Marvelous Reps or Perfect Clones....then this morning saw this new watch at PerfectClones....  http://www.pf-818.com/omcpo45301r-pocean-chrono-ssru-p-16386.html

I'll wait a few days, do a bit more research and see what you come-up with...

Eric

Thanks for replying, Eric.

There seems to be those who favour NF and those who like the BP, though praise seems to ring loudest for Noob.  Thing is, I cannot tell who the watch in my 1st link is made by.  I don't have enough expertise to decipher if it's not stated in the product description.  Movement in the 1st watch appears to me like it more closely resembles the gen Om 8500 mvmt.

I've heard mention of an AT Maker as well.  Not sure if they make the regular PO as above or if they just do chronos.  I'm steering away from chrono for a couple reasons: non-chrono looks clean and classier to me, and I've read comments that there's a higher likelihood for problems with the chrono since it's more functionally complex.

Fact of the matter here is I'm confused by the seemingly vast number of versions out there.  Honestly, I don't know what the important distinctions are between CrPO, LMPO, etc.  Sure, I know what the abbreviations stand for, but I can't discern whether it matters which one I get.  This is why, by this thread, I've turned to asking those in the know to bring clarity or help me narrow the field.  I really just want to choose a 45mm in this design scheme that's highly true to the gen and is going to work well and last long.  The 2 examples I linked have silver numerals, but I'd also be ok with orange numerals.

If anybody feels like offering some pointers, I'd be very appreciative.

Take care,

Dave

CrPO has glass back side and thickness is abt. 4mm more than on the LMPO (LMPO has metal back side). CrPO is newer type. Has option to attach better looking rubber straps. However, expert only needs one look to the CrPO movement through the glass back to tell that it is not an original Omega.

Omega replicas costing more than 300 USD here http://www.pf-818.com/  (or at other trusted dealer) should all be fine. As stated, avoiding chrono is wise move. "Om 8500" movement you referred does not mean anything. It is just engraving. Actual movements used on latest higher quality replicas are: Swiss ETA 2824 / Asian 2836 copy  / Asian Clone of the Clone "SBIHRZ2". Las one should be avoided (use Search to find out more information). However, more and more replicas are equipped with that cheap movement and it is hard to tell, what is actually in the watch before you can examine it with your own eyes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, apologies for going MIA for a couple weeks after my last post.  Thanks guys for taking the time to pass along useful info!

Silwer, I was thrilled to notice you're from Tallinn :)))  I'm Canadian, but my wife's from Tallinn and I love Estonia!  So cool to cross paths with an Estonian watch enthusiast here.

Simard8, I think I've narrowed down my preference to a CrPO.  I just found a thread at RWI that may shed light on some key info if you're looking for this style too:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=193362