When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Seiko (and certified diver)

GenTLe

I always found the Japanese brands less appealing than their Swiss cousins, probably they smell less "luxury", even if they are very good pieces.

But when I've seen this one I felt in love... And considering the high value for money (150€ shipped with DHL on creationwatches) I pulled the trigger.

Purchased last Thursday, arrived today on my desk.

I'm already loving it :D

post-63910-0-55811400-1416230816_thumb.j

Wait a sec... I am reading here -> http://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Seiko_7S26

Gosh... It's correct: not hacking seconds (and this I've already seen) and not hand winding capable. I thought ALL the auto were able to handwind, other than autowind (like all the ETA, Seagull and Miyota I've seen since now!).

Not the best watch for someone like me that changes the watch frequently for rotation with the others...

Maybe one day I'll replace it with a 4R36 movement (the same used in the Monster) ;)

It´s right, no handwinding and no hacking. For setting seconds You can use the trick of holding the minute hand backwards. On the other hand it really picks up power reserve fast/ immediately. Most Seiko 5 series are also not windable.

The other 4me similar pickup was a windable/hackable Citizen NY0040-09W. The crown on the left is a fine feature as it never cuts into the wrist. The lumed dial is different from anything else.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_3443_zps296b328d.jpg

lume23390-1024_zps7baf181d.jpg

I have the same one GenTle along with few others , watch out Seikos are addictive!

vintage

8EDJ03G.jpg

Babby snow monster

d3jx8qx.jpg

My 5

vgpxJD5.jpg

ir1vp5s.jpg

yes I took these even I have a good day!

I beleive there are more but who knows at least I have pics of these....................

Gentle you bastard i want this watch but no way for me to get it :(

Wear her Well :D

What's wrong to get one at Creationwatches site and ship it to Netherlands and wait you to be there to use it? But I suggest to get a Monster, or to invest other 45UK£ and swap the movement with a 4r36 (crown @4) like I'm gonna do within one week:)

Hey Mart thanks for The offer but Mike hooked my up as always its Nice to see how people help out here :D

Funny story In this is i found out seiko doesnt see northern Europe as a Big market since we are a brand people or they Think we are so that is The Reason for Them not to have a Big selection every shop carry The same 20+ watches

been looking for this 6months time now finally mine :D

• Like 1

As said before be careful with seikos, they can become an addiction all in themselves. Two of my most expensive watches are seiko. I fell in love with the tuna series, but am not a big fan of quarts. So had to find a vintage auto and have another that had the quarts switched out with an auto. There are so many things you can do with these.