When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC FleigerChrono 3717 Evaluation Request - Franken

Guest idraw

I have a 3717 Franken with a Gen Dial and Hands, and aftermarket double AR. 

I got the crystal from TAKA, and while it was perfect there seems to be some spots of imperfection now. My guess is some cleaning chemical got on it. Unfortunately, its not perfect.

Dial - Got a gen dial and gen hands on eBay and the dial was relumed by Goin in Taiwan. Everything was sent to Texski for him to do his magic. 

I did not get his magic. However, at this point I am just happy to get it back.

The dial is good, the print is sharp, but there is a small hair on the dial. 

You can never see it because it matches the dial so well, however every time the hour or minute hand passes you can see it faintly.

With all these imperfections I feel like it's time to just let it go.

After all the shipping and the original watch from Puretime I have spent over $1000.

How much is this thing worth?

Oh man! I feel for you mate. That sucks.

I think you should make a proper sales thread with some really clear bright photos and set a price. Then wait for some offers and see if you can negotiate something to cut your losses. Otherwise you're just taking your chances to remod it again. Which is still a valid option #2

Good luck either way.

The reason I went to Texski was because Speedy had such a long waiting list.

Speedy did a fantastic job with my Planet Ocean, and now his wait time is over 3 months.

I'll get some pictures when I can.

But, its I think it might be time to ditch the project.

Maybe two or three years ago this was at Texski.

This has been a long project watch for me.

I got the dial from eBay user Magic Castle or castle magic, anyways he had a lot of Breitling dials so I asked if he could get IWC.

I got a used dial and hands from him.

Then, it was off to Goin for a relume, and all of it eventually went to Texski.

Took about 6 months to finally get things back. 

Watch looked fine, but it wasn't until a subsequent cleaning that I noticed the hair. Honestly, this is really hard to notice because it matches the black dial so well. And the hair is tiny.

Then I had the scratches on the crystal. I hesitate to say they are scratches, because they are tiny blotches. 

These things bothered me so much that I just wrapped the watch up in a microfiber towel and left it alone for about a year.

The hair is right at the hour hand, but like I mentioned its really hard to see.

To me you really need to do the AR. 

I haven't been active, and really don't know who can do that right now.

Then you got to open the thing and clean the dial.

I've had this watch away more than I've had it on my wrist, and this is really why I am letting it go.

Good news it the Asian 7750 movement is running strong. Forgot to mention these have modded day and date.

Get in touch with Vac. He can re-do the AR and clean everything up when he puts it back together.

Impossible to say what the sale value is without pictures.

I would, but Vac did a Skyland relume for me once. He just glossed over the top, and I thought what I paid would be to straighten the poor globs the factories did.

Long story short, he refunded all my money and said he wouldn't work any more stuff for me.  

Speedy is really my only option left. He's been great. Worked on my Franken PO, but long wait times.

Don't think that's a gen dial unless the guy who did the relume added pads at the same time. Anyone who knows more than me can chime in?

Difficult to tell for sure from these pics, especially since the dial has been relumed. Seeing the print close up and the dial texture would confirm it, but I'd say there's a better chance that it's gen than fake from what I can see here.

Difficult to tell for sure from these pics, especially since the dial has been relumed. Seeing the print close up and the dial texture would confirm it, but I'd say there's a better chance that it's gen than fake from what I can see here.

Interesting, I guess the modder just decided to add Lume pads then?

I didn't realize the pictures enlarged when you click on them .... :bangin:

You are correct, dial is definitely not gen. Those are elevated markers, and the dial printing gives it away.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

So this poor guy bought a rep dial on eBay and then paid a modder to swap out his rep dial for a ......wait for it....... Rep dial. That sucks!