When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some 5513 love.

dbane883

Snapped a few pics this morning with the new camera. Still experimenting with a couple of post editing software. Some were done using Snapseed on iPhone, some using Aperture/Nik Software on MacBook. But all are uploaded via tapatalk as I don't know how to upload to RWG on MacBook without going over file size limit.

f38116a1d68051f3d08068daf41a7163.jpg

7ccfd2074f5cdd737d4a1b2df5ba3537.jpg

532586cce2503503c5107a802c3630c4.jpg

1cfd674b9a05c1f38f94d2f1fd8ac259.jpg

05af57c359466093982de5c8b5ff77d6.jpg

Setup is the new Fuji X100T, Gariz 1/2 case, Leicatime leather strap, aftermarket (rep) hood, B+W UV filter, custom soft shutter release button.

99e4a526cfd25f607b2f6bd5b9a83d24.jpg

• Like 4

Wow amazing shots of a beautiful time piece.  Very nice.  I have been looking at cameras recently and plan to purchase something soon.  I know less about cameras then watches so....reading reviews and doing some research.  Hey maybe I should start a "what is the best camera for taking pictures of the best sub thread."

If you can live with a fixed lens, not sure there is much better out there than the X100 series.  The APS-C sensor is on par with most DSLRs out there with the exception of the full frames, but image quality is top notch IMHO.  Ability for full manual control coupled with the old-school rangefinder (OVF/EVF hybrid), make this one of the "funnest" shooting cameras.   I'm not sure this is really meant to replace a DSLR, but if you are in the market for a Leica, the Fuji X is a no-brainer at a fraction of the cost.

If you can live with a fixed lens, not sure there is much better out there than the X100 series. The APS-C sensor is on par with most DSLRs out there with the exception of the full frames, but image quality is top notch IMHO. Ability for full manual control coupled with the old-school rangefinder (OVF/EVF hybrid), make this one of the "funnest" shooting cameras. I'm not sure this is really meant to replace a DSLR, but if you are in the market for a Leica, the Fuji X is a no-brainer at a fraction of the cost.

Yup. An if you do need interchangable lenses, the X-E2 is no slouch.

Awesome pics of a beautiful watch. What are the specs of the Sub btw?

Specs:

Gen '67 case

Gen 700 twinlock crown/tube

Gen meters first original tritium dial/hands

Gen cal 1520 movement

Gen T19 Superdome plexi

Gen bezel

Gen faded (ghost) kissing 40 insert

Gen 580 endlinks

Gen 93150 clasp

Gen springbars

ST oyster bracelet links

• Like 3

Specs:

Gen '67 case

Gen 700 twinlock crown/tube

Gen meters first original tritium dial/hands

Gen cal 1520 movement

Gen T19 Superdome plexi

Gen bezel

Gen faded (ghost) kissing 40 insert

Gen 580 endlinks

Gen 93150 clasp

Gen springbars

ST oyster bracelet links

Cripes. I'm having a hard time sourcing bits for an 89 16610. I can't imagine sourcing (or the associated price tags) of that. Absolutely beautiful.