When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aftermarket 16610 Bezel Recommendations

raiser

I've built two watches with aftermarket 16800/16610 bezels and I can tell you it's a lot of work. First was bringing an MBW/Euromariner up to snuff. Jandkwatches comes to mind, on ebay, bought the bezel from them and after alot of sanding it finally fit correctly. I had bought a genuine crystal retention ring and it fit fine on the case and the crystal, so the bezel had to be fit to the retention ring, but it finally happened. Watch is WR and doing fine, gen bezel insert snapped right in.

photo_zps7d2c0c69.jpg

Second watch was a 16800 matte dial with the ST case- same deal, it was a matter of patience and finally I got it right

photo-27.jpg

So I'd stick with Tom's advice- order another TC bezel and hope it fits.

BTW, I sanded mine with some wet/dry sandpaper, 320 or 400 grit- just keep going around the inside.

Pressed the bezel on with the crystal press.

TC has a brand new bezel that he's only had for a few weeks. It's probably as close to gen as you can get at a fraction of the price. Check out his blog. He give a detailed description and lots of pictures. Just ordered one of his 16610's with it, can't wait till it gets here.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys (especially lukenorris!) but I already ordered a bezel assembly from TC. Looks identical to the one on my TC V3 LV so don't think I got the new version. For further info, I also order Star Time's bezel and I was not impressed and it didn't hold a gen insert securely so I would not recommend it to anyone considering that as an option.