When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Ranger is coming ;)

GenTLe

I have always liked the simple lines and military-looks of the Tudor Ranger line, and although I could easily save for a little while and have the Gen on my wrist in a few months, I would much rather just get one of these and put one of my spare Swiss ETA's inside . Super pumped, thanks for the info!

Edited by Uberscreamer

I have put this on my must have list!

Was at a local jewellers over the weekend and just by shear chance I had on my BB. The jeweller caught a glance of it and gave me the latest Tudor catalogue. He told me that they were the only authorised stockist in the area and would be able to service my BB if required. I wasn't brave enough to try on a Ranger whilst there, mainly due to the fact I didn't want to hand over or take off my rep in store. I was only in there to get the Mrs some earrings for Christmas but I may have to go back to try on the Ranger for size and reassure myself that it is something I HAVE to have :)

• 1 month later...

OK has anybody bought one of these?

I quite fancy one (slightly overpriced though they are) but worry about the quality of the rep bund strap and the apparent difficulty in getting hold of a gen one.

Also worry about the strap size as I generally need something larger than standard (by about 10-15mm).

If anyone has bought one maybe they could put their hand up?

OK has anybody bought one of these?

I quite fancy one (slightly overpriced though they are) but worry about the quality of the rep bund strap and the apparent difficulty in getting hold of a gen one.

Also worry about the strap size as I generally need something larger than standard (by about 10-15mm).

If anyone has bought one maybe they could put their hand up?

+1 more strap options needed and a price drop before the masses commit!!

Well, mine arrived. A few immediate thoughts:

1) Size is pretty good - I would have preferred 42 or 43mm but this is a reasonable size on my 8in wrist. It actually wears bigger than you'd expect - see the comparison with the Panerai (41mm vs 44mm) and the optical illusion alongside the 42mm vintage Blancpain - theoretically bigger but the Blancpain wears much smaller than the Tudor. Probably not one for the thin-wristed.

2) The supplied strap is utter pants - it looks the part in the web pics, but up close it's cheap looking / cheap feeling leather, uncomfortable and a shade too short. Deployant clasp is razor sharp and 18mm at the clasp so can't really be used with standard 22mm straps which are usually either straight, or taper to 20mm. Fail.

3) The watch itself is lovely. Comparing to pics of the gen (not having one to hand ...) I can't fault it (could be my lack of attention to detail) but really - it looks fantastic. Lume seems modest, but par for the course by rep standards. Too much hassle to mod though as you'd have to do the numbers. One to live with.

4) Haven't checked timekeeping yet as it only arrived three hours ago. It came in less than a week from Toro with no issues. Movement winds just a little rough, screw down crown likewise isn't as smooth as I'm sure the gen is but it looks the part, sets accurately and feels very secure. Hands are great and overall the feeling is one of real satisfaction.

I need to find a friend who has good relations with a Rolex/Tudor dealer and can source me a gen camouflage strap, that would be the business I think and all but indistinguishable from the gen. (Any takers here willing to nab me one?)

Apologies for the pic quality, these are iPhone shots taken late this afternoon in poor light. Strap is an old Jurgens one from Germany that I've probably had for 15 years, seen duty on some cool pilot watches over the years.

16308752896_8eea6284d3_b.jpg

16333829182_8914e64856_b.jpg

16333828912_6ed4fec4be_b.jpg

16148811737_1a0f66b8d4_b.jpg

16308930316_9118018510_b.jpg

Edited by Pannyman04

Looks super classy on that black bund, no doubt. I think it looks much better on that than the gen camel brown or camo bunds. I have no idea why they would not have released the gen on a black bund, but that was their choice.