When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

93150 Bracelet Authentication Help

jigelow

I bought a 93150 on the bay and should receive it tomorrow. There's a few things I'm doubtful of and was hoping for some help in what I'm looking for.

First, it has a "G" code clasp. This puts it at 1982; however, there is no month code. Now, I haven't actually been able to find any images of G code clasps with a month stamp (I've found several without). Not to say that those images weren't of reps, but I've seen them on TRF, VRF, and chrono. The second thing that has me confused is that the clasp lock has the lines embossed. I didn't think that Rolex did this until later.

The stampings do contain all flat "3"s. It has 593 end links, which I don't know if there are reps of (would assume they would go with the more common 501 or 580).

I'll take some shots tomorrow when I receive it, I just need to know what to look for and what photos to include. The listing photos weren't the greatest, but the seller had great feedback and seemed to have a long history of watch part sales. He was also very responsive in communication.

Edited by jigelow

Yes pictures would help us.. I hope everything will be just fine for you as those bracelets are insanely expensive nowadays

I'm hoping so, too!

Its nerve wracking since every bit that gives me confidence in it, there's something that makes me doubt it. It'll be easier tomorrow once I have it in hand. Just wanted to make sure to maximize what photos I should be taking.

It looks OK, I don't know when they started adding date codes, but the old 93150's are just year. I just looked up one at ChronoShop, identical to yours "G" code € 830.00 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think I'd seen that one. I'm still stumped on the clasp lock, though.

Hoping there's not too much stretch. Pics look good, but its just laid down so no way to tell. We'll see tomorrow.

The 2 lines on the clasp lock should not be there. It could be a newer replaced clasp lock.

you can sand it down to get rid of it?

I've seen this a few times on gens. Defo seems to be an RSC mod.

Easy to change. The rep lock will fit just fine. Best to replace the friction pin once you change it I ensure a good fit.

I've seen this a few times on gens. Defo seems to be an RSC mod.

Easy to change. The rep lock will fit just fine. Best to replace the friction pin once you change it I ensure a good fit.

I don't mind that it's there, just didn't know it was a common repair/mod. It fits better with the build anyway, since I'll have to call this a 92/93 or so.

I have one. It's attached to the 16800 we discussed :(

I don't know why all the factories stopped making it, they all produce the 93250 now as PT, cartel, yuki and others ..

(And their 93250 isn't even accurate with removable end pieces)

Yeah, I'm sure it'll feel cheap. My Steinhart has a pretty solid bracelet (it's also 22mm wide so that adds weight as well), so I'm sure side by side it'll feel weird.

I see more WTB for rep 93150s than I do sales. For what I paid for it, I'm fairly happy considering it appears to be gen from the photos and everyone's comments.

Never felt any of the cartel bracelets. In fact, the only piece I've owned on a bracelet is my Steinhart O1V. It feels pretty chinsy compared to that.

I can not wait to see the pictures :D I am also thinking about getting one or just build a Franken bracelet, with gen clasp, aftermarket 580 that I already got with PT 93150 links