When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

first purchase. A2813? / swiss eta2836-2

joes

Hi guys fairly new here and want to make my first rep purchase

a couple of questions i would be grateful if anybody could help me with before i do so. any advise/ help/ suggestions are welcome as had very little, to zero watch knowledge before stumbling across this great forum from which ive already learnt so much.

i am after a rolex datejust 36mm and have seen 1 on puretime, A2813 movement = $138, swiss eta 2836-2 = $368. what im here to ask is firstly is the A2813 movement that bad and should i steer clear of it? and for the price difference is it worth the extra for the swiss? an asian eta was what i was looking for (price wise to me) but that movement is not offered.

and also if i do go with that movement (the a2813) would everything be exactly the same on the watch that would come with the swiss eta 2836-2 version? meaning the materials used and just the look and feel of watch in general? so an identical watch, just different movement?

like i say any help/advice is welcomed

thanks in advance

Joe

• 1 month later...

use the search and read. If you have done that ... Read more as there are tons of posts implying sufficient answers

There is no difference of watch quality between movement options.

The a2813 is ok for the money but be aware that reps never match the gen quality they all have minor or bigger flaws ( depending on the model). That is the faith rep lovers share... If you consider the standalone price for a swiss movement, the premium is fair.

At the end it is a question of prio if you want to invest in swiss mvmt or not.

Hi Joe,

Look for the thread from last year discussing Eta and Asian clones. The short version is that we rarely see Swiss ETA's in new reps. Even when paying for the upgrade it is usually a clone. I do not have experience with the 2813 but I do with the A2836 and have had decent results with them.

I would not pay for the upgrade for swiss as it most likely will just be a clone anyways. I would probably check other dealers or look for another DJ model that has the A2836 as an option. Last 2 that I "upgraded" to Swiss Eta had clone movements so total waste of money. Other option is get the least expensive movement and source a gen Swiss ETA and put it in.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

• Like 1

Just received confirmation of payment! just awaiting QC pics now, would you guys mind giving me your opinion on them once received if i were to post them here?  

would appreciate it as like i said this is my first rep purchase and have little watch knowledge/experience. any help i can get along the way at all would be great.

Thanks again

Joe