When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

***Custom datewheel for AP ROO with A7750 movement***

edgematic1

Since a lot of guys signed up for the custom AP datewheels on different fora for the RO and franken ROO but didn't pay I need to fill a gap.

Therefore it might be smart, or just plain stupid to produce a batch of 7750 dw's.

I need your help with the following things:

1. Which datewheel needs to be made, old datefont or new datefont? Imo the old datefont would be better.
2. What is the size of an ETA7750 dw? I thought this was 24,6mm
3. I need a member to send me a high resolution scan of a datewheel used on the Noob version and J12 version. The datewheels can be different from the Swiss ETA Valjoux, I need to be 100% sure they are made to fit. Anyone who can send me a hig resolution scan or a complete datewheel for this project?
4. Set up a list of interested members for these datewheels. Since I only sold about 1/3 of the previous run I won't be counting each member on the list, simply because quite a lot of folks will go silent when payment is needed. I will base my calculations on 1/3th of the list. If there would be more interest I can do another run within 4-6 weeks after the 1st run.
5. Don't scr*w me again

So, on the www I don't find a clear document that states info on the 7750 datewheel. The most important part is the location of the numbers as well as the datewheel teeth. It's important to mention that we're talking about a datewheel that needs to line up at 3 o'clock.

If you have scans or pics, please post them here or send them in a PM and we can work something out to get them to me by e-mail etc.

Please start the list and help me out on my request concerning a scan or a dw.
Thanks.

Don't sign up on the list on multiple fora, only on 1 forum per member.

1. member x
2. member x
3. ...

Definitely would like two one for Safari, one for Rubberclad White dial, both are the old style fonts. I know you got screwed on the last project, I would be more than happy to put up a non refundable deposit for two.

3.panerai153

4.panerai153

• 2 weeks later...

Bro, why dont u take a deposit first? Say maybe 25%? Least ud know whos fully interested or not.

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

I agree, A deposit will separate those who are legit about really wanting/needing a DW and those who just decide on a whim, I'll sign up for this, it's non binding!! Might prevent the problem you had with the last batch of AP DW's you made. I would ask for a 25% non refundable deposit, the only condition for refund would be if their isn't enough interest, and they don't get made, otherwise you're in.

Sorry to hear that the interest is not there.  I wonder if some of the lack of interest is due to all the talk about a "new" movement that will replace the A7750. While this may be a "pipe dream" and may never happen or may be a long time coming, there is so much talk and speculation that some folks feel like the new movement will happen very shortly.Personally, while I like everyone else would love to see a correct, reliable replacement to the "time bomb" A7750,I'm not holding my breath.