When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC TG Big Pilot- thoughts

Paneriwc321

Hello all,

has anyone ever bought this watch? What are your experiences with it? How is the AR with this version? How close is it to genuine? I have noticed that the "DAYS" is larger than in the original... or is that an illusion?

Thanks in advance for all the contributions! :)

http://tswatchltd.com/15580-iwc15580-big-pilot-5019-black-ceramic-ny-25j.html

Days is incorrect size, and power reserve doesn't work - also the movement is a *immediate* tell... the solid case-back is okay, and the only saving grace here. The movement is a pretty bad copy, they shouldn't have bothered with the detail there at all, it doesn't look anything like the 50000 caliber. 

Days is incorrect size, and power reserve doesn't work - also the movement is a *immediate* tell... the solid case-back is okay, and the only saving grace here. The movement is a pretty bad copy, they shouldn't have bothered with the detail there at all, it doesn't look anything like the 50000 caliber. 

The days error can be hidden by moving the power reserve hand to full (as it would be on the gen watch when wearing). I have one of these and it is very nice, ok the movement is a long way from the gen but it's inside the case so no one is ever going to see it. 

Hello all,

has anyone ever bought this watch? What are your experiences with it? How is the AR with this version? How close is it to genuine? I have noticed that the "DAYS" is larger than in the original... or is that an illusion?

Thanks in advance for all the contributions! :)

http://tswatchltd.com/15580-iwc15580-big-pilot-5019-black-ceramic-ny-25j.html

I have one and really like it, apart from the days issue I would say it is pretty close to gen. There are a few minor issues but personally I wouldn't study it really close to find them, you can always find errors if you look hard enough. The case is very nice but the strap is crap, I've changed mine to a gen with gen deployant. For the price it is a good buy in my opinion, I have no regrets and I am fairly picky!

Edited by rhc22

• 1 month later...