When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1675

Ueno

I'm no expert but I'm having a really hard time believing it's gen.  Several alignments between rows of text aren't quite right and the coronet is  :yuk:

.........unless it's some new / service / maxi / uber replacement I've never handled.  :g:

Proportions of the 12 o'clock triangle index are way off--not narrow enough.  I could be wrong, and maybe there was a short run of gen dials with this shape, but the only other place I have seen this is Yuki.  Of course the hands add to a picture of something here being not quite right.  All that said, I have this same dial in an otherwise gen 1675, and it looks good!

No expert but looking at a bunch of pictures, possibly a later model like 16760/16700/16710 with an unusual GMT hand.  Couple of the gen pics have the spread out crown similar to this, but then those models have white gold indices.  The 16750 later production models came with the date on it but I would assume since they are later models they would also have the white gold indices.  My dial is from 1988 and has the Oyster Perpetual without the date but has the white gold indices....OK never mind I am confused by this.

post-16926-0-71617600-1418171739_thumb.jpost-16926-0-88959900-1418171779_thumb.j

The first is from the link, the 2nd is from your post, turned. 

If it is a gen, I'd say it's an early 16750, and it's a rare one. 

From the link:

Two different variants of the dial:
Matt, without white gold indexes - rare.
Glossy, with white gold indexes (identical to the newer GMTs). Rolex switched the dial during production (approx. serial 9XXXXXX / 1986). This dial was first introduced without 'Date'-imprint, later versions show this imprint. During service, many matt dials got replaced by glossy ones.

Great info Joey! That is a rare dial but the hour hand is obscuring the fact that the word date doesn't exist on yours, his dial is a rep

The site says "This dial was first introduced without 'Date'-imprint, later versions show this imprint." so I'd guess it was a late early dial... :in_love: