When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

44mm Noob ROO FC on a different strap

Legend

Just sharing a pic of the 44mm ROO FC on a SMPLover red saffiano strap.

Some will like it, some will hate it. But it breaks up the monotony of black on black on black. :lol:

Compliments, comments and insults all accepted graciously. ;)

456238f1c9ff9096d4c8b60847a3409e.jpg

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I think that looks pretty cool!! It does break up the all black look. Very nice, unfortunately, it's too big for my puny wrists!! Like the red shade, it's not so much and "in your face" bright red, but a more refined subtle color. just the ticket for a refined gentleman like yourself. I had never heard of SMPLover, except for some of his posts on another forum, I bought one of his straps in a M2M sale, actually it was a mistake as I thought it was a  20mm size for the new 2014 ROO's, but it was a diver strap. I liked it so much I put it on my RG Diver, to replace the rubber strap. It's a really nice high quality strap, and to me makes the RG a lot less casual and more wearable.  

I think that looks pretty cool!! It does break up the all black look. Very nice, unfortunately, it's too big for my puny wrists!! Like the red shade, it's not so much and "in your face" bright red, but a more refined subtle color. just the ticket for a refined gentleman like yourself. I had never heard of SMPLover, except for some of his posts on another forum, I bought one of his straps in a M2M sale, actually it was a mistake as I thought it was a  20mm size for the new 2014 ROO's, but it was a diver strap. I liked it so much I put it on my RG Diver, to replace the rubber strap. It's a really nice high quality strap, and to me makes the RG a lot less casual and more wearable.  

Hey A,

You keep saying you have a small wrist.. I have a small wrist, at 6.25". I am quite sure that being caucasian and all that, you would not have a more dimuitive wrist than yours truly. And yet, you see me wear 'em like clocks. No shame brother, none at all!  :lol:

Thank you for your comments. SMPLover is a very good strapmaker on RWI, and his straps for ROOs come with inserts, which translates to almost perfect fitting. 

I think that if you could carry off the diver, the 44mm ROOs are a natural and subtle progression.. I seriously think you should try on one sometime and be pleasantly surprised. ;)

The red is just the right shade for that watch - a bit of understated bling to break the monotony of black and does a good job to accent the red hands in the sub dials.   :)

haha.. thanks mate. Are you still into PAMs primarily? ;)

haha.. thanks mate. Are you still into PAMs primarily? ;)

I actually got inspired when you showed me your collection of APs.  :notworthy: Been researching APs but too bad there isn't an equivalent of the PAM guide for APs so slow going at the moment. Partial to maybe a Panda or rubberclad at the moment but will likely wait to see which ones I will pick up from the new batch to be released next year. :g:

Looks good, brings out the red hands, and gives it a more casual look

I like :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Health to wear it.

This is a nice combo .

wrist shot makes a huge difference, the light is great. I like the contrast. Since I own the same watch, it makes me think a GEN black leather and red stitching band mitght be nice as well.

Thank you kindly guys. 

I am actually surprised that nobody came on and yelled "what are you, some faggot who did not get your mother's love??!" or something to that effect. I wore this out a few times and someone gave me a stare that said exactly that I think. :lol:

Just Gorgeous! Brilliant choice on the strap. It really makes the watch jump put at you. Very nice man. Can you let me know where to pick up a strap like that?

Thank you very much for your comment.

You can order this strap from member SMPLover over at RWI. 

Its called the red saffiano strap for 44mm ROOs. 

Thanks Legend, I'm looking for a 44mm ROO FC and the strap. I am looking forward owning the same combo. I'm so glad you started this thread. Thanks!

No worries mate, the purpose of this forum is mainly to share and learn what we can.. 

I hope you get what you are looking for. :)

If you told me you were going to put a red strap on the FC i'd have said absolutely not ...... however seeing it, it looks absolutely spot on .. love it !!! 

TBH i like it much better than the straps with the coloured accent stitching that folks put on their APs.

So to sum up :

applause_large.jpg

If you told me you were going to put a red strap on the FC i'd have said absolutely not ...... however seeing it, it looks absolutely spot on .. love it !!! 

TBH i like it much better than the straps with the coloured accent stitching that folks put on their APs.

So to sum up :

applause_large.jpg

Thank you kindly baxter. I appreciate your comment, and the applause pic. :lol:

I had a quick question. Did changing the strap have anything to do with the discomfort of the rep strap? Or purely your incentive stylish Maner? Haha

Seriously. I find my strap incredibly uncomfortable in comparison to the rubber rep straps that come with the 42mm AP reps I have. I'm not sure red is the move for me. Truly would prefer to stick with a black rubber but this thing is awful uncomfortable. Suggestions? Thoughts comments?

I had a quick question. Did changing the strap have anything to do with the discomfort of the rep strap? Or purely your incentive stylish Maner? Haha

Seriously. I find my strap incredibly uncomfortable in comparison to the rubber rep straps that come with the 42mm AP reps I have. I'm not sure red is the move for me. Truly would prefer to stick with a black rubber but this thing is awful uncomfortable. Suggestions? Thoughts comments?

Haha no mate it was purely a matter of trying to be adventurous.

You can try to purchase an alcantara strap from SMPLover, the comfort is legendary. ;)

• 3 weeks later...