When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel Limited Edition Super Avenger

burk3103

Hi Folks, I am planning to buy my first Rep watch and found this one on Torobravo's website for just 208 USD (since I am a newbie in this forum I am not allowed to post links, I am however sure you will be able to find it).

With no experience at all I would like to avoid mistakes. Can anyone tell me if this is a reliable dealer and if the watch I chose is worth the money he is asking for it? I am also wondering why this model is comparably much cheaper than similar ones on other dealers websits. Thanks for your feedback.

That's a good price for that watch. If he still has available I would,grab it. Also take a look at the skyland avenger black steel. The super avenger is a BIG watch at 48mm. For me, the skyland is the perfect size at 45mm and it wears bigger since it's thick.

• Like 1

I'm just a bit concerned about the price. If you buy a cheap watch of crap quality, 208 USD is pretty expensive. I'm also not sure about Toro. There are lots of different opinions about his services / lack of service.

Edited by burk3103

$208 for a decent rep today is damned cheap! I have an AP schumi on the way that I laid out $700 for!

Toro is one of the best. He has a much more select inventory than some of the other TD's, which allows him to focus on the better quality reps. True, he tends to be a man of few words. Communication is not he strength, but I have bought some 10 watches from him and every deal was smooth as silk.

Buy from him without hesitation.......

Guest kingfrog

$208 for a decent rep today is damned cheap! I have an AP schumi on the way that I laid out $700 for!

Toro is one of the best. He has a much more select inventory than some of the other TD's, which allows him to focus on the better quality reps. True, he tends to be a man of few words. Communication is not he strength, but I have bought some 10 watches from him and every deal was smooth as silk.

Buy from him without hesitation.......

DAYAM $700 for a rep?    My limit is $300 and then I think that's too much when compared to Eco Drives and Seikos. Then again i paid over $6k for a gen and shopping for a Brietling gen......people think THAT is nuts

Edited by kingfrog

Guest kingfrog

Again the issue with Breitling is they have major visual flaws This is the Gen.  More numbers on the bezel. The rep of this watch is a giveaway at 10 feet away. Certain watches can be replicated very well. Others are just not worth the money. If one is going to send $100's for a replica it should BE an exact Replica.They make them in other brands. Breitling is not one of them

breitlingblack5500.jpg

Edited by kingfrog

Guest kingfrog

AND LOOK at the SUB dials.  Not even close. Anyone who knows that watch will know its phony from 10 feet away,  This is worse then the one I posted, If one is going to buy a rep one should buy a 1:1  or buy a Citizen lookalike and get a better watch For the Rep price of $200 or (gasp) $700

Nothing is worse than a flawed Replica. I was going to buy  Breitling but they are not good enough IMO to pay the monet and takes yer v=chances on the 7750 movement for.

Sorry, but that is not the super Avenger Blacksteel GEN.....    Here is a photo of it:

breitling-super-avenger-blacksteel-chron

Edited by kingfrog

Guest kingfrog

http://www.swissluxury.com/product_images/m133802cbc73oceanracerblack.jpg

Here is another GEN, although different style number. 

Then you have the issue of the 7750 Chronograph and when and how to set it without ruining the movement. I have never had to heed this set of hoe to s with any quality made Quartz or otherwise Chronograph. Nor do the Rolex Daytona guys have this set of rules to deal with on their $10K watches,

From RWI

Make sure you do not adjust the date between 10pm-3am ever!!! . If you adjust between 10pm-3am, the date will jam or go half way. 

3. Don’t set the date between 7 pm and 2 am
This is true for all 7750’s, Asian or gen Valjoux. Note that this is also good practice when setting the date on other movements. The date gear starts to engage with the date wheel around 7pm and disengages totally by 2 am, if you attempt to do a quick date change during the engagement, you will damage the watch. Best advice - with any watch, whatever the movement - is to wind the hands forward past midnight until the date changes, then with the hands set to around 6am, use the quick set function to change the date as needed. 

4. Don’t re-set the chrono with the seconds hand anywhere but between 10 and 2 on the dial.
The reset hammer can slam down very hard onto the heart cams for the seconds and minute counters. This force can cause the seconds hand to slip if the hand is sitting anywhere but between 10 and 2. Even genuine watches can suffer from this problem. A slipping center seconds hand is totally preventable by the owner, all you have to do is make sure you never reset your chrono between anything but 10-2. In addition, DO NOT push the chrono reset pusher (@ 4) while the chrono hand is running. It is also recommended that you resist the temptation to 'play' with the chronos too often - especially on an unserviced movement - as this can increase the chances of problems.

post-68669-0-73195000-1420654923_thumb.j

Edited by kingfrog

Guest kingfrog

Fair enough...I guess the way Breitling changes is an advantage to rep buyers. Hmmmmm......I may look for a non Chrono in that case. 

.But the OP should look into and study  the A7750 movement ESPECIALLY on a $200 REP. He could have a paper weight in a month.

Edited by kingfrog