When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Breitling seawolf chrono

opti

cross post from rwi, Just saw this on Honts site, and a few other dealers, has gen swiss quartz movement. Now I have wanted this to be repped for a while, a nice breitling chrono without the fear of an a7750 shitting itself inside it, but man they ****** it up colossally..

That Bezel is completely wrong! apart from the pearl which stands out like dogs balls, there should be no numbers on the bezel apart from the 15, 30 and 45 like the super avenger bezel. They are asking 338 bucks for this thing, you gotta get the bezel right atleast, sunken date wheels I can put up with.. Wish I could contact the maker~~wallbash.gif

http://www.hontwatches.com/breitling...08-p-5620.html

a0c3103f3649eb9cbc443579180986ed.image.3

breitling-avenger-seawolf-chrono-mens-wa

No way would I buy a Rep Brietling. Shopping for a used gen

There are two brands I have to have gens of Rolex and Brietling. 

New name same tune,

are you going to get your self tossed out of here as well, same as you did at RWI and RG?, 

your currently in a cell in the the Gulag at RWGbiz..

Good luck, kingfrog or Hbaxter(RWGbiz)king721(RWI)SubVette(RG) whatever you currently call yourself.

P.S.

a couple of samples of his "style"

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=93301&view=findpost&p=1507079

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=76082&view=findpost&p=1507282

To the OP, I apologize for the hijack.

They wasted the opportunity to make a great rep. Wasted the use of an ETA 251.

The dial is a cheaply made sandwich dial, which introduces a sunken date.

The alleged Arabic dial has white lume instead of rhodium indices.

The list goes on. An awful replication.

Guest kingfrog

Breitlings seem to be the worst reps. Too much going on to replicate. ...maybe a three hand Super Ocean 42. But they are cheap enough to buy new. When REP price start reaching into the $400s I think it's money wasted. It is not like they have guarentees or are water resistant out of the box. I think I can get a great EcoDrive or Seiko for that kind of bread. I paid $160 for a rep Date Sub and liked it enough to buy the real thing without the date. I would not have paid more than $200 for that watch..

I am seeing $700 reps....That is just nuts considering the QC is just not there to my standards.

Edited by kingfrog

It's quickly becoming clear that this is not the hobby for you.    Everything is unacceptable.   Your expectations of perfection on a $300 rep of a $4000 watch is unrealistic.   Buy the gen and be happy.

Breitlings seem to be the worst reps. Too much going on to replicate. ...maybe a three hand Super Ocean 42. But they are cheap enough to buy new. When REP price start reaching into the $400s I think it's money wasted. It is not like they have guarentees or are water resistant out of the box. I think I can get a great EcoDrive or Seiko for that kind of bread. I paid $160 for a rep Date Sub and liked it enough to buy the real thing without the date. I would not have paid more than $200 for that watch..

I am seeing $700 reps....That is just nuts considering the QC is just not there to my standards.

Mate with all due respect you probably don't belong here. If you think that all of our reps are sh!t then fantastic, enjoy your gen seiko watches. Reps have a market and you're obviously not part of it. When new rep prices go into the $400 with an asian movement I tend to agree with you, but my 1016 build would be over $400 slightly, is waterproof and runs a genuine ETA 2824-2 and will run for ages. It's all about getting what you pay for.

To the OP, that rep is horrible and when it gets to that price, for that watch, it's not at all on the table.