When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Costco Watches

chango

I look at the watch case periodically when I go to Costco. Always interesting to see what they have on hand.  I believe Costco sources their high-end watches overseas, which the manufacturers are unhappy about. So Keep in mind that you wouldn't have a US warranty.

Bought a couple Movado's, a Tag and a Cartier at Costco over the years but never tried to access warranty. I did try and return a broken Mont Blanc pen and to this day that is the only item I have ever had them say no return to.

It was 3 years old when I tried to return it so I was not really expecting them to but hey it was worth a shot.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Look up Omega vs Costco and go to Wiki for the explanation.

I remember when Sam's Club had nib gray mkt rolex watches in their showcases and rolex sued them (as usual) so Sam's agreed to stop selling the brand. If they fought it they could have worn rolex USA down to a nub in court. Rolex seems to forget they are just 'visitors' in the USA and Wal Mart/Sam's is the big dog.

If it was up to me it would be dog eat dog.   :boxing:

Guest kingfrog

http://www.costco.com/wcsstore/CostcoUSBCCatalogAssetStore/Attachment/Customer_Satisfaction_Policy.pdf

Costco is not an AD for their watches. I was looking to buy a Breitling and sent and email asking if the lifetime satisfaction policy incused watches. I revived and email back as follows:

Thank you for contacting Costco.com customer service. My name is Diana and I will be taking ownership of the issue with your Costco.com order.

Based upon your initial contact with the Costco.com customer service staff, I understand that you are inquiring about Costco satisfaction program for item#902871, Breitling Chronomat Men's Watch?

1. Would this watch be covered under Costco's "lifetime" satisfaction program? Yes this watch would be covered under costco satisfaction program.

2. Whereas a refund would be delivered if the watch ever failed? Not sure how theCostco total satisfaction warranty works in this case. If you are dissatisfied with this item, you may return it, refund would be process back onto credit card used on order.

Thank you for your time, patience, and allowing us to assist you with this situation.  At this time I have closed this issue as resolved. Once an issue is closed, this inbox is not frequently monitored.

Good info from Kingfrog, thanks for sharing that.  It is funny though.... what Costco carries depends on the location.  In my small rural town, they have Cariters, Breitlings, and Tags, but nothing over 7K or so.  If you go to the Costco in Bellevue which is more affluent you will see much higher priced models and brands.  I dig Costco, we buy most everything from there.   

The Costco warranty is actually better than the AD's. That was brought up in the rebuttal to the Omega lawsuit when Omega said they would decline to warrant the grey market watches sold at Costco.

Another interesting read is the latest grey market case before the Supreme Court that the book manufacturer lost. It relates back to the Omega case directly as a win for Costco.

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2020596489_ebaywinsashighxml.html

Guest kingfrog

The Costco were I live sells Rolexes

Now That is worth buying over resellers. I paid $6100 for a $7500 MSRP piece that was new in Sept 14 from an AD/

But if Costco had this watch for $6900 (which is the going rate for gray market sellers). I would have purchased there. 

That said this is my last expensive watch. I am perfectly happy with quality low end name brands for the prices of reps 

One of  my Citizens is a Homage to the Breitling blue face Avenger. Those watches never need service, are not worth servicing and are throw aways.

Yet I have never had a Citizen-Ritmo brand of watch fail. Go figure.

Edited by kingfrog