When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 Problems, and a Collet is One

Uberscreamer

Hi guys!

I know that this is probably a long shot, but I have a favor to ask of someone. I was servicing my A7750 powered PAM 299 a few weeks ago to get rid of the noisy rotor and just do a general maintenance on it, and I goofed up a little bit (not how you are probably thinking, either). As I was doing re-assembly, I accidentally broke my homemade tool that I have used for years to replace the collet lock for the oscillating weight, and now no longer have a way to lock it in place and have a fully functional watch. I have a real Bergeon collet locking tool for the ETA 2892/3 series of movements, as I see those for repair far more often than the Valjouxs, etc., but that will obviously not satisfy my current needs. The problem is that I am not looking to buy the real tool through Borel or anyone else right now for the 7750, as I will likely not be needing it for anything else in a very, very long time, and I need to profit off of any tool purchases like these.

This is where you fine folks come into the picture. I figured that I may as well ask the board and it's infinitely awesome members if anyone happens to have one of these and would be willing to let me borrow or rent it to finish this repair, then I would send it back immediately and once again have a functioning 299. I am obviously willing to cover shipping both to myself and back to the owner, and can discuss if whomever has one and replies would like a 'renter's fee' as well.

Hoping that I get a response here, guys!

Thanks for your time,

Drew