When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first AP ever :) and not the last for sure :)

djunky

So now im a proud owner of a AP Grand Prix :)

Bought it from Trusty-time quick service and quick responese each and everytime

It looks really great and runs really smooth... ill be looking forward to adding real carbon parts, if these are still available :)

Please feel free to comment :) there are most likely some flaws which i havnt noticed in relation to gen vs rep :)

Enjoy the weekend :)

-DJ-

C8EYSuWl.jpg

gKAUDvZl.jpg

Qf8Jc0ul.jpg

Edited by djunky

Honestly, that is a beautiful rep. You already know about the forged carbon parts in the gen vs the pattern printing on this rep.

This also looks like the v2 dial which is more accurate to gen.

Just a curious question: The J12 grand prix ROO series would be released pretty soon, and all of them would have real forged carbon parts.. why did you not wait a while longer? Or perhaps you were not aware of this? ;)

Honestly, that is a beautiful rep. You already know about the forged carbon parts in the gen vs the pattern printing on this rep.

This also looks like the v2 dial which is more accurate to gen.

Just a curious question: The J12 grand prix ROO series would be released pretty soon, and all of them would have real forged carbon parts.. why did you not wait a while longer? Or perhaps you were not aware of this? ;)

Hi Legend

Thanks for the feedback :) I have read a lot of your posts on AP's

I couldnt figure out if this was v1 or v2, i did some comparison from the different TDs, i chose this one, since it was the only one without blue screws in the visible movement :)

HonestIy i did not know :)  if so i would have waited :)

-DJ-

Hey DJ

No worries.. its the V2 dial because of the lighter shade of grey at the 6 o'clock subdial, and if you google the ROO GP pictures, you will find that it is reasonably accurate to gen. :)

Well, what is bought cannot be "unbought", but it can sure be sold at the right time. And the right time in this case may coincide with the new release of the J12 GP series no? ;)

The good thing is, the dial on your watch could be better than the J12 version, and you could actually use the dial from this and fit it in the J12 case for a nice GP. 

It all depends on how much you like the watch. 

Hi

Just had a look at chrono24 at yeah the dial color is actually spot on :) didnt notice that until now :) thanks for letting med know :)

that is true :) looking forward to see how the J12 looks compared to mine

I must admit i really like the AP ROO GP.. at first i thought it was too heavy.. But when you get used it, it feels really good to wear! it actually prefer this over my Yacht-Master II

Hi

Just had a look at chrono24 at yeah the dial color is actually spot on :) didnt notice that until now :) thanks for letting med know :)

that is true :) looking forward to see how the J12 looks compared to mine

I must admit i really like the AP ROO GP.. at first i thought it was too heavy.. But when you get used it, it feels really good to wear! it actually prefer this over my Yacht-Master II

I forgot to mention, the datewheel font on your watch is likely going to be more accurate than the J12 one! ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback Legend :) i really appriciate it :) i was worried that i bought the wrong version :) 

@Motoman yeah i saw Imaknockovs''s at repgeek...:) it looks really amazing

But does anyone know if his FC parts or others are still available or if some TD could source them?

-DJ-

Thanks for all the feedback Legend :) i really appriciate it :) i was worried that i bought the wrong version :)

@Motoman yeah i saw Imaknockovs''s at repgeek...:) it looks really amazing

But does anyone know if his FC parts or others are still available or if some TD could source them?

-DJ-

Oh don't worry mate, when it comes to AP reps, there're very little "correct versions" ;)

If you can those FC parts, perfect. Else you might need to get the j12 models and do a transplant. It might turn out to be a better rep than the noob one with the FC parts in the end. Take heart young one!

Sent from Mars using tapatalk