When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any recommendations on a nice 9315 rep bracelet?

Beachcomber

I always figured the 7836 and 9315 were the same except for the 9315 accepting 2mm springbars and different clasp and hoods. You can make a pretty good replica '9315' with a 'Mary' 7836, a long clasp with or without diver extension, and proper hoods. You need to use a clasp with 8 adjustment holes in a row, not staggered like on a 93150.

I made a '9315' using a 'Mary' 7836 and the main trouble was finding a connector piece to attach the flip lock end of the clasp to the bracelet. I had to take the last link in the bracelet apart and use a different connecting link.

I left the dive extension off so the extra links would fit under the clasp cap without removing a link.

Rivet flip locks...

I had a genuine 6538 from the late 1950s and it had a swiss rivet oyster with a long clasp and the flip lock lever laid flat on top of the clasp cap, there was no notch in the top of the clasp cap for the fliplock lever. It did not have a diver extension either. It laid on my desk for years but I can't find it right now.

Update..

I found the old clasp cap and it has 8 adjustment holes like the 9315 and the top is similar to a later cap except for no indention for the flip lock lever. It also has crimped 'buttons' between the last two adjustment holes to hold the bracelet under the cap.

The flip lock hinge hole is pulled out on the left side.

• Like 2

No link to anything and since I do not take pictures, I have not posted any pictures.

I have a lot of genuine stuff saved over the years with most of it mixed in with watches and parts of all kinds so I can not find any certain part without a day long search. This morning I dug out some genuine parts (bracelets mostly) and of course there was not a single folded oyster in the bunch to compare with a WI/Mary bracelet. The genuine folded oyster bracelet must be on a watch.

I can't even find the WI/Mary 7836 bracelet that I turned into a 9315 type.

"...pics or it didn't happen."

Some nice sunny day I will put my replica watch junk together in one pile, genuine stuff in another pile, take a few pictures of it, and send them to Nanuq and he can vouch for me so I will have a little bit of credibility.   :prop:

I do keep genuine stuff separated from replica stuff with notes on what's what.

• Like 1

Auto, thanks for trying.  There's a thread here where someone tackled this exact problem, creating a flat end midlink to replace the squished midlink joining the Mary's 7836 to the endlinks.  But I sure can't find it!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/01/2015 at 8:27 PM, Nanuq said:

I have Mary's 7836 on my Snowflake and its quality is spectacular. It's right up there with all my 9315s. Changing the clasp is necessary, but there's a big tell, the end piece that connects the band to the end link is figure-8 shaped, not flat as it should be.

toa1.jpg

sf3.jpg

Sorry about the stupid question but who/what is Mary's ?