When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fifty Fathoms strap help

sharkman07

Sorry if this is a total newbie question. I went to put on my Fifty Fathoms and noticed the strap is loose on one corner, what do I need to order please, spring bars and what size? I have never changed the strap on a watch so sorry if this sounds like a really basic question. On the other three corners there is no hole, so not sure if this is a two piece spring bar on this watch?

Photos attached for illustration, you can see the hole on one corner in the first, the other three are fine.

Thanks for any advice given!

post-56357-0-89477700-1421230884_thumb.j

post-56357-0-58440200-1421230893_thumb.j

Hi, You will need 1 or 2 Torx T3 drivers (1 to hold in place as the bar turns with the screw 1 to turn the screws on the other end). This is a hollow bar with a thread in the center of it. Cheapest/easiest way is a complete kit of screwdrivers for repairing smartphones & similar.

Replace with 24mm lugbars like these: http://www.uhrband24.com/24-mm-c-25_733.html, I think 1.8mm should be fine. In the future it´s easy to change straps as the BP has lugholes.

Note: I use these, reinforced in 22mm and they are a solid fit for several months from Cousins.UK: R19294  Rolex Type Spring Bar 22mm   PACK*10  1 £1.95

Hi, You will need 1 or 2 Torx T3 drivers (1 to hold in place as the bar turns with the screw 1 to turn the screws on the other end). This is a hollow bar with a thread in the center of it. Cheapest/easiest way is a complete kit of screwdrivers for repairing smartphones & similar.

Replace with 24mm lugbars like these: http://www.uhrband24.com/24-mm-c-25_733.html, I think 1.8mm should be fine. In the future it´s easy to change straps as the BP has lugholes.

Note: I use these, reinforced in 22mm and they are a solid fit for several months from Cousins.UK: R19294  Rolex Type Spring Bar 22mm   PACK*10  1 £1.95

I lost my cap screws also... Actually, they are hex or allen type sockets 0.9mm, so you should use an allen key.

Although the 24mm spring bars may work, the lug width on this watch is a really odd 23mm wide, so you would need the Ø1.8 mm here http://www.uhrband24.com/23-mm-c-25_821.html

If you want to use the originals, I'd suggest some Loctite Blue 242 to keep losing them.

Edited by swdivad