When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

US Customs - Anyone had any problems lately?

hiker01

Just wondering if any member have had any issues with US Customs???

I have 5 watches setting in Chicago customs for two weeks.....

I advice the TD to split, but said he knows how to deal with customs, so he shipped in one

package via EMS.

Thanks for any info!

No question about being concrned. Five reps in a parcel is a magnet for those in charge of screening packages coming from China, Germany and  the UK. In this case the responsible for the loss is your dealer, who unwisely -to put it mildly - decided to to ship all the watches in one package. It's very likely the watchs will be seized and destroyed by Customs, and hopefuly, you'll not be fined.

As someone said in this thread, you must ask th dealer to refund you or send you the watches you ordered again, using a different address, as far from Chicago as possible this time.

Good luck brother.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if any member have had any issues with US Customs???

I have 5 watches setting in Chicago customs for two weeks.....

I advice the TD to split, but said he knows how to deal with customs, so he shipped in one

package via EMS.

Thanks for any info!

That's too bad. Hopefully the TD will honor the principle of replacing the watches if they were confiscated by Customs. Make sure they do not incur in the same error of shipping them in one package this time.

Best luck

• Like 1

That's too bad. Hopefully the TD will honor the principle of replacing the watches if they were confiscated by Customs. Make sure they do not incur in the same error of shipping them in one package this time.

Best luck

As posted on an earlier post.....I got my replacement shipped via LA. Thanks.

and since we are back on this topic and I have not ordered anymore due to Customs worries, has anyone anything to add? Any Midwest customs issues recently?

Thanks!

Since the Chicago mess began to have an impact, I have bought only a couple of pieces.   Both from Intime, both shipped EMS and both entered through NYC.

I have read that some TD's are refusing to use EMS and using DHL or HK Mail only, but I have not encountered that personally.

• 2 weeks later...