When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

US Customs - Anyone had any problems lately?

hiker01

Ok the facts are that for 7 years I never had a problem shipping to the USA, in the last year (and mainly the last part) there has been a few stoppages so to some point there is a clamp down.

That said the vast majority still go through but what is taking a little of the randomness out of it is that they seem to be increasing processing times.

Ken

Ken,

Are the stoppages at random ports of entry, or are they more concentrated in a few or even one location? Just curious, as we nor the shippers have any control over where a package is going to land in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I haven't noticed any pattern so I think it is still very much luck of the draw.

At the end of the day customs are still working on a priority list that has drugs as number 1

Replica's will be much further down that list.

Ken

Yea guys it looks like chi-town is bad news.I have a watch still showing "handed over to customs" in tracking info myself.The usual wait time for me once it hits customs is 1-2 days.By what I have read anything longer than 5-7 days and its pretty much a goner.Like hiker said though,i'm still crossing my fingers.Just am wondering how long I should wait before contacting the td to check on a replacement.Anyone had to deal with that issue and if so how long did the td want you to wait?

Yea guys it looks like chi-town is bad news.I have a watch still showing "handed over to customs" in tracking info myself.The usual wait time for me once it hits customs is 1-2 days.By what I have read anything longer than 5-7 days and its pretty much a goner.Like hiker said though,i'm still crossing my fingers.Just am wondering how long I should wait before contacting the td to check on a replacement.Anyone had to deal with that issue and if so how long did the td want you to wait?

Never had to deal with the issue, but what I know is you'd have to wait till you get a written notice of the confiscation from Customs which you can then scan and e-mail to your TD as proof of the seizure.

Sorry to hear that. I believe that your dealer took a big chance putting 5 watches in one package. hopefully, he paid the price for his mistake, and not you. Do you possibly have a different address or PO box that he can send the next one to, just in case they have your name and address in their computer?

Anyone have bad experience in LA, CA? Panning to have them shipped there. Yes, as I asked him the first time, Please SPLIT the shipping.....hopefully he does it this time. 

Just heard from him, he's shipping to alternate address. We'll keep everyone posted!

One of my orders has been in Chicago since 1/12. Two other orders that I purchased later have already flew through customs. Unfortunately for me I chose the wholesaler option for a bit of a price break... guess that backfired on me, now Im basically going to be paying double. Never had a problem in nearly 8 years of being on these forums and 100+ watches over the years, so figured my chances were pretty slim on being picked off, guess I was wrong.

With all this buzz about customs lately, Ill stick with the traditional price premium so I dont lose another big chunk of change like that again... I guess, dont spend more than you are willing to lose.

Just awaiting the infamous customs letter now, or a status update on USPS that the watches were water tested and regulated by the kind people at OHare, and are now on their way to me... :whistling:

• Like 1

I have a watch coming from Malaysia to Ohio which has been stuck at the Los Angeles ISC. Tracking says "processed through ISC" for the last five days...not even any mention of customs. Was shipped as registered parcel. Starting to get on my nerves.

Edited by Resistor

I have a watch coming from Malaysia to Ohio which has been stuck at the Los Angeles ISC. Tracking says "processed through ISC" for the last five days...not even any mention of customs. Was shipped as registered parcel. Starting to get on my nerves.

I wouldn't worry, as it will go from ISC (International Sorting Center) to "handed over to customs or inbound to customs" next. Sometimes registered mail gets sort of lost in the shuffle, as the USPS doesn't consider Registered as a priority item like Priority or Express mail. Also, although the USPS allegedly decided that scanning every package at every stop was to be a top priority, I have noticed a lot of "slippage" lately. I sent a watch USPS Priority to a friend in Singapore, It did not get scanned until it was outbound in Miami!! Wasn't scanned at my satellite PO, our local main PO, the regional sorting center, or inbound to the ISC in Miami. The package was literally lost for about 5-6 days before it finally got scanned outbound from Miami.  Your watch could very well have not gotten scanned and may show up at your post office without and further notifications.

Just wondering if any member have had any issues with US Customs???

I have 5 watches setting in Chicago customs for two weeks.....

I advice the TD to split, but said he knows how to deal with customs, so he shipped in one

package via EMS.

Thanks for any info!

Is this what you would call an issue?IMG_0231_zps7cf043b3.jpg.Yep,just got it this past week.Item had been listed in tracking as "handed over to customs"for about a week when the letter arrived.Contacted the td(toro)and he had me send him a copy of the letter and once revieved sent me new qc pics and shot out another one.Had to give a different address though so went with a friend in another part of conus.as far away from chi-town as I could.A bit off topic but have read on here about some problems with toro as of late and have to say that I have had numerous trasactions with him and have never had an issue,even with this last customs issue he was always very good on comunications and rectifying the issue.Oh and the order that got nabbed by the feds was a one watch order,so their even getting them,shipping was ems but as you know that turns into usps priority once it hits state side.So if you are considering an order to try and play it safe contact your ol auntie out west and have it go there.Not saying that would be 100% or anything but sure beats the odds chi-town is offering right now.stay safe all.

Now seven days at L.A. ISC. Hasn't even moved to customs. Aggravating sh!t.