When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New rose gold planet ocean on PT

lilypad

Like it, but would never buy gold plated reps. Unless I only would wear the watch at special occasions. 

In my experience, the plating either wears off or will discolour. 

Only a gold Hublot that I had were fine, but because that was some kind of pvd.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have the RG Aqua Terra from Angus and I really like it. Looks good, movement is solid, replaced the RG bracelet with a gen croc strap and rep deployment buckle. The only issue is the 8501 Myota rep movement is non-hacking, at least mine is.

http://www.pure-time.com/product/aqua-terra-150m-rg-11-best-edition-brown-dial-on-rg-bracelet-a8501/

• 3 weeks later...

I find myself being drawn to this , but I think it might be too blingy for me 

Has anyone got one yet ?

g7TPim.jpg

My concern is stripping crown and tube threads , my older UPO had this and I replaced with a Gen 

But a Gen Gold Crown is silly money Code: X24501  are the ceramics improved in that area

DSP4OE.jpg

I will give my impressions when mine arrives.  It came into the west coast of North America about a week ago but despite having the correct address on the waybill (I have a pic) it has gone on a tour (Lost Parcel Tour of 2015) of the County. it is presently playing on the east coast going back and forth between 2 Cities..........

TimeShare

I will give my impressions when mine arrives. It came into the west coast of North America about a week ago but despite having the correct address on the waybill (I have a pic) it has gone on a tour (Lost Parcel Tour of 2015) of the County. it is presently playing on the east coast going back and forth between 2 Cities..........

TimeShare

That's frustrating for you. I hope you get it soon and share your thoughts on the quality

i am selling a rose gold aqua terra on genuine hirsch brown crocodile bracelet, catch and release was too blingy for me but my god its amazing for anyone who can pull it off :) email me for deets chris.lazco@hotmail.com selling for 200 on oroginal band or 300 usd with croco strap... was worth 130 from the website and still has tags 

So I finally received the PO Rose Gold yesterday (March 4th), a few days short of 1 month since the order was mailed by EMS. My country's postal service decided that the watch was important enought that it should be given a tour of the country and then looped between 2 cities on the east coast (watch went to each location 5 times before it was rerouted after I phoned to ask "What's Up?").   As a side note, it is a good thing that Trusty/Andrew provides a picture of the waybill with the address filled out as the postal service tried to claim the problem was the wrong address on the waybill........not!  Anyway, on to the watch.

Overall,  the watch feels and looks like the real thing and the red gold/rose gold is very well done and accurate to the oem watch.  The overall fit and finish is very good, no gaps or spaces between the bezel and the case and the crown screws out very smoothly.   The rubber strap (which typically does not come on the oem as Omega uses a fitted alligator deployant strap) is very nice it has a PU rubber finish like the oem and the wave pattern on the inside of the strap is very nice.  The fit to the case is tight and the strap does not pull away from the case when it is worn tight (anyone who has Omegas with fitted straps will know what I am talking about). The strap which I was originally going to replace, I think will be kept and used as it is very good quality and fits nice to the wrist and watch case.  The spring bars are straight and have not been bent to fit the strap to the watch case - a good sign.

The lume on the watch is strong and evenly applied.  I believe this watch is done by the V6 factory so the even application of lume is not a surprise as they are usually very good from Hublots I have owned.  The difference between the green minute hand and the 12 o'clock marker and the blue hour marks and the blue hour hand is very noticeable, not always the case with other Omegas where this has been tried with less success like the rep Blue Ti Planet Ocean I own.

The only bad item on the watch is the sweeping second hand. As a result of the lower beat Miyota movement the sweeping hand does not move as smoothly around the dial. Compared to my Blue Ti Planet Ocean with the higher beat movement the second hand on the Miyota seem slower and more jerky - this perhaps may settle down a bit once the movement runs for a period of time.   I knew that the second hand may not be as smooth with the Miyota movement when I purchased the watch but I have also had excellent luck (knock on wood) with Miyota movements and they are know for their reliability, so it was a trade off.  This certainly was not the case with my Blue Ti 45mm PO (from Toro) which came with the most messed up movement The Zigmeister had ever seen, when he tried to fix it a few years ago. Indeed, I only recently managed to get that watch working when I decided to bite the bullet and pay the high cost to have it repaired.

I can post pics if there is interest but in short, excellent look, quality and finish but the trade off is the low beat movement and the impact on the smoothness of the sweeping hand but hopefully another reliable Miyota movement.  Hope this information helps others in deciding if they wish to purchase this watch.

TimeShare