When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Rolex 'Hulk' 116610LV vs BP HULK (pic heavy!)

ilovethiscity

Good afternoon gentlemen,

This is a repost from another forum but in all the excitement I forgot to share it here.. Hope it's useful!

I picked up a Gen Hulk from the AD and thought I would take some side by side shots for comparison.

Firstly before I start I must mention the REP pictured here is not a run of the mill BP it has had the full vac treatment including AR, lume, WR to 10 ATM and the better Noob insert and pearl added. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew this before thinking an out the box BP looked like this now as that might be misleading etc etc

I am far from an expert but thought I would share some personal thoughts on the differences etc. First thought after having them together is that the rep is really AMAZING and very close indeed! I mean from 5ft away could I tell? probably not! However it's when you get up close and personal that the differences for me really start to show. Things I can't pick up very well on the iPhone such as the bezel and dial sunburst colour and print also the bezel markers etc weight isn't bad on rep but is still noticeable on the wrist when compared. Also the 904L is a different colour in natural light than the rep.

Honestly I bought this watch in a moment of pure insanity at the AD.. but now I am really glad I did it! Overall for a 10th of the price the rep is great value. Now onto the pictures, let me know what you think!

p.s Gen always on the left should probably mention that :D

IMG_5021_zps9666d3c1.jpg

IMG_5022_zps071c9340.jpg

IMG_5023_zpsd960597e.jpg

IMG_5025_zpsb58b66fc.jpg

IMG_5027_zps38e218bf.jpg

IMG_5028_zpsbd1fa603.jpg

IMG_5029_zps82ede467.jpg

IMG_5030_zps8192976a.jpg

IMG_5032_zpsdd441390.jpg

IMG_5034_zpsc503cea8.jpg

IMG_5036_zps1686b154.jpg

IMG_5037_zps7ae6fcb8.jpg

IMG_5038_zpsa3252f01.jpg

IMG_5041_zpscde6bafa.jpg

IMG_5043_zps9c719188.jpg

IMG_5044_zpsa939aaa6.jpg

IMG_5046_zps1ab42283.jpg

IMG_5047_zps99d9819c.jpg

IMG_5049_zps98eefb97.jpg

IMG_5051_zpsa4890a8a.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am new here and want to get some help. I want to buy the black edition of this watch with 904L steel with 3135 movement. Can anyone help me to give a name of a trusted seller please? Or the best Submariner Black Ceramic the newest update. Thanks to all.

41 minutes ago, pepezgb said:

I am new here and want to get some help. I want to buy the black edition of this watch with 904L steel with 3135 movement. Can anyone help me to give a name of a trusted seller please? Or the best Submariner Black Ceramic the newest update. Thanks to all.

1) There isn't a 904L steel version, and there's no real point with it either. 316L is good enough.

2) Check trusted dealers e.g. www.intime.co www.torobravos.xyz www.puretime01.com etc. The one you want is the Noob 116610LN v7 SA3135 verison

Hi

Hope you find what you are looking for. There is a wealth of information in RWG, but it's not always easy to find! The Noob Factory is producing very good 'out of box' reproductions of the ceramic subs.

I have a V6 nodate ceramic which is just stunning, together with a D-Blue DSSD both of which came from Noob Factory via Joshua of Perfect clones this month. Even the bracelet replications with oysterglide are reproduced.

Datewheel fonts are a giveaway on the reps, and often the fit of the solid end links can be a bit off. On some stainless steel bracelets the links are a bit 'edgy' (most watch manufacturers smooth off the edges of components prior to polishing but some of the rep factories seem to omit this step) and may require a light softening with wet & dry sandpaper - not enough to remove a lot of material, just to smooth the edge for comfort.

Regarding loss in customs, the LVMH and Rolex sniffers mainly work through the Parcelforce clearing depot in Hounslow. I had once watch that didn't come through but that was several years ago and now Joshua no longer uses a EMS/China post that clear through the parcelforce system

Sometimes watches come via DHL - they are fast and may charge £4-5 landing fee but move on quickly once you pay landing fee.

Most recently Joshua has been using One World Express. They are excellent - 3-4 days shipping to UK, no fees, no customs, great tracking and weekend deliveries.

If you are unsure ask Ryan which courier he is using to the UK.

Hope this helps

N

Oh and avoid anyone that says their watches are the real ones. They'll use stock phots on their web sites and send you tat. The Cartel dealers on here send quality control pics of the watch you are actually going to receive.

I decide to buy the new Submariner V7 SA3135 the newest and the last upgraded model. In the morning i will pay I was between V6s vs V7 and if you have any short feedback I will be happy. I am looking the best movement and case like original one in the store. Also my other options are Milgause vs Explorer l

Well it depends on what you mean by best.

SA3135 is the more accurate replication, but the 2836 is more reliable. I went with 2836 in my two new noobs. The DSSD is V7 and Nodate is V6.

I don't believe that NF have made a Milgauss or an Explorer I

NF's ceramic bezels are really nice...

yCPrI3R.jpg

uz5hXuo.jpg

So you want to say better get ETA 2836 than SA3135. Which movement will work smooth like in original watch? I know ETA is swiss made and the worst swiss made is better than Chinese but l also want my watch to work fine which is most important because cases are already almost perfect

I dont want deepsea. 10000£ is too much and heavy. I will go with submariner. Normally l like without date. I hope it is also perfect like the Date version. What do you think No date Submariner version is also too good like the V7 or V6s version. Because it is simple and will work fine for long time

Someone else can chime in here but i am not sure swiss eta is true as ETA stopped selling these movements some time ago. Maybe they are old movements. Some times they are dirty going in and need an overhaul to keep them running reliably..

if you will never open the caseback i'd say go for A2836.

BTW You offer me Noob but JF or J12 factory watches in Torobravo much expensive. Any almost everybody told take Noob but why JF is expensive? Is ETA2836 so much better than SA3135 or they are all good movement and will work long years without any problem?

I think i will never open if watch works fine.

So Torrobrava accepts paypal. He has little higher prices this is because of PayPal fee probably but do you know from where is he sending the watches? I only worry to get some [censored] and pay custom for the [censored] or not to get anything. I will open case of the watch to check what l got.

6 hours ago, pepezgb said:

BTW You offer me Noob but JF or J12 factory watches in Torobravo much expensive. Any almost everybody told take Noob but why JF is expensive? Is ETA2836 so much better than SA3135 or they are all good movement and will work long years without any problem?

I think i will never open if watch works fine.

So Torrobrava accepts paypal. He has little higher prices this is because of PayPal fee probably but do you know from where is he sending the watches? I only worry to get some [censored] and pay custom for the [censored] or not to get anything. I will open case of the watch to check what l got.

I would urge you to read a little more on here, cross check prices between the different trusted dealers before making your choice and parting with cash.  For example my DSSD was not really any more expensive than my 114060, and I wouldn;t pay for than 500usd for a rep.

There is so much information from real world rep wearers with wrist shots and feedback from the guys that build these amazing Franken watches as a labour of love. Their feedback on the out of box reps is very helpful because they know these items inside and out!!!

The way I see it there is a law of diminishing returns. JF has a very accurate replication when it comes to height of crystal and bezel action. Bracelets may not be as good as the V6 and V& watches from NF.

Best of luck with your purchase.

1 hour ago, pepezgb said:

Is ToroBravo is Trusted Seller? I am new and he didn't accept my PayPal. I am going to send WU. So any help please.

Yes he is. He's on the forum, but hasn't posted in a while

http://rwg.cc/forum/274-torobravo/

Sometimes a creative approach is used to get round the fact that PP doesn't like sellers of reps. You may be directed to an alternative site to make the paypal payment.

Establish comms with your trusted dealer first and then things will go more smoothly. I always ask Josh about supply issues and feedback on a watch I am planning to order. Generally he responds within a couple of hours.

If your sale doesn't feel right, I'd bug out, shop around and try another dealer. I'd never send money via WU myself - they don;t verify enough about where your money is going.