When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for eccentric elegance - this is a headache!

cory

Hello dearest members,

I'm on the lookout for my next purchase and my mind is exploding as I cannot settle on anything.

To describe myself, I am in my 20s, studying and working. I dress in a contemporary informal style every day, usually knitwear with ties, and I appreciate things of quality. I was blessed to have recently received a gen Breguet 7787 from my old man, and this is a watch I absolutely adore. Due to its high value, however, I am too paranoid to wear it every day everywhere and so I'm looking for something that could substitute it in every day life. 

So I'm looking for a subtle but elegant dress watch. I don't like to show off but I consider myself to have good taste in life and naturally the perfect watch for me would reflect that. I'm a very big fan of Breguet, JLC, Arnold & Son, A Lange & Sohne, and the Jules Audemars series and AP RO, and own a 15400 rep but it's not satisfying my appetite quite enough.

Can anyone recommend something viable? I would prefer SS as in my experience gold attracts too much attention. I've been thoroughly researching the rep options of Breguet (sacrilege from a gen-owner, of course), JLC and some of the other brands for something viable but it seems none of these have been well replicated.  

Your input is greatly appreciated! And accompanying this plea for your efforts is a cheeky shot of my beloved! :)

Kindly

Cory

3Cpk92t.png

Edited by cory

Hahaha i like the idea of saying "Lange u. Söhne and everyday life" in one sentence. ...so funny

I see what you're saying but as an owner of a £20k gen I don't particularly feel I'll be stepping out of line.

1880-16987-thickbox.jpg

That's an alternative. Thank you sir!

I see what you're saying but as an owner of a £20k gen I don't particularly feel I'll be stepping out of line.

if you say it fits your lifestyle id say wear daddys watch and stop moaning. if you are afraid damaging it or worse then it means you cant afford it just buy a cheaper gen cuz except PP only sports reps are good enough. you can always safe it and boast the breguet on timezone without needing to hide serial no to refresh your ego until your deserving achivement happens. been there done that this should save you some headache

if you say it fits your lifestyle id say wear daddys watch and stop moaning. if you are afraid damaging it or worse then it means you cant afford it just buy a cheaper gen cuz except PP only sports reps are good enough. you can always safe it and boast the breguet on timezone without needing to hide serial no to refresh your ego until your deserving achivement happens. been there done that this should save you some headache

I'm not going to defend myself here but your impression of me is very unrepresentative of reality. Regardless, I appreciate your input, everything has its place.

Thank you kindly for your suggestions, POTR, they are much appreciated and considered!

Seeing as I feel this thread will only attract negativity and I have made conclusions from suggestions, I'd kindly ask for this thread to be deleted.

I would suggest that you take a look at some of the other genuine brands like Maurice Lacroix. The make some very nice watches, and they are pretty reasonable, especially if you find a nice gently used one.

Here is my Calendre Retrograde in Stainless steel. This IPhone photo doesn't do it justice as it has a beautiful dial.

a56df658941f55c5968bd6cb53acd06c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk