When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello! My Rolex projects - 6265, 1675, 16013s

kyldare

i will check it out. Did the case come with a bezel?

Yeah, came with a fluted 18k gold bezel. Although I've seen some lately with the non-fluted and non-gold bezels too lately. 

Here's one of the Korean sellers: http://www.ebay.com/usr/friendlyperson2012?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2754

Looking for the other one I just got the DJ case from...

• Like 1

Yeah, came with a fluted 18k gold bezel. Although I've seen some lately with the non-fluted and non-gold bezels too lately.

Here's one of the Korean sellers: http://www.ebay.com/usr/friendlyperson2012?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2754

Looking for the other one I just got the DJ case from...

thx bro, ill be looking for a movement now.

yes, bought mine for the same price. Found a bezel now for 120 dollars, so basically a 350-400 for a case set is a good deal imho.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful of friendlyperson2012 on eBay. I've had a dispute for a fake jubilee he sold as gen. Also check this fake 3035 he was selling recently. Nice collection by the way. The 1675 will be a thing of beauty.

b7eba9a42febe2bb3755bddad0e395e7.jpg

Wow. A one of a kind fake 3035 that looks exactly like a gen 3035.

What were the tells for you?

Edited by POTR
  • Like 1

Yeah, I checked everything to make sure it was a gen movement. Turned out alright for me! Thanks for the warning though. 

I'll update this thread with some more pics tomorrow. Got a couple new developments (sold one 16013, got another case and got scammed on a Tudor case). 

• 1 month later...

Just an update or two on the projects!

Sold the 16013 on the bay.

The 6265 developed some condensation issues following a long roadtrip across my state. 

You can see some of it in the photo here:

bv91Cnl.jpg

But it was MUCH worse after I got back home from about 700 miles of driving over a weekend. There were very large droplets of water on the inside of the crystal, so I let it sit for a few days and now it looks like it does in the picture. 

Soooo I looked around on the forums to see how to fix it.

First, I tried getting the caseback open with my trusty old rubber gloves. Didn't work. Then I bought one of those blue rubber balls on amazon. The thing broke after like 5 tries and now it's useless. Okay... so then I go onto amazon and order one of these:

XqTA1yB.jpg

FutGand.jpg

It's supposed to replicate the Bergeron (or however you spell that) kit at a lower price. 

Soooooo.,..... I tried that kit and even the largest bit ended up being a tiny bit too small to open the caseback. The caseback isn't gen, and it appears to be slightly larger than the 29.50mm bit. Was this an oversight on my part? Or would that largest bit work on a gen Rolex caseback?

Also picked up some silica gel to try and dry out the moisture before I re-seal this puppy:

VGV9EvJ.jpg

Anyone have tips for opening the caseback? Or a tool that you've used successfully?

Also, I'm trying to find an eta movement to finally finish my 1675 project. I'd like to buy an eta, but I've been seeing people using the chinese clone movements. Is it worth it to spring for an eta? Does anyone know the most plug-and-play eta solution? Or will all of the eta movements require a bit of modification to get the GMT function to work in that case size?

kyldare

You can try one of the Jaxa style case back openers it should work. Not my favorite opener but it's works. I had the same problem with the case back opener you have, it would not work on a gen Datejust caseback so some of the 29.5 bits in those kits must be off.

Great job on the builds, I'll be following for sure.

You can get a gen 29.5 bit from Bergeon from ofrei and the light for not a lot of money. They work with the Chinese openers and you won't risk damaging the case back.

Definitely get that moisture thing sorted, that v72 might develop rust otherwise...

• 10 months later...

Update time!

It's been about a year since my first post here and a lot has changed! I've learned a ton more and invested a lot more time (and money  :|  ) into the hobby.

First off, the 6265 was sold to a gentleman that contacted me through eBay. IIRC he is an RWG member. Maybe he'll reveal himself at some point. So long sweet prince!

0l07kcc.jpg

In the past year I've bought and sold a few more 16013 projects. Still have this one that I'm working on, all Gen parts:

dBbrBPG.jpg

I just bought a set of pin vices and a small file to shorten the stem. Not sure how to replace the crystal without the proper tool. Might have to get get a press!

With the money from my Franken 6265, I purchased this Gen 6262 mid-case, bezel, crown and pushers to begin a grail build of sorts. Has a 6265 caseback. 

il0G6Ol.jpg

udA8bd9.jpg

44E0jlt.jpg

I'm still waiting to see if I can find a Gen dial and hands in good shape. My search so far for a Gen 6239/6262 dial has been fruitless! Can't decide if I want to get the best rep Newman dial I can get my hands on and pop that in there with a V72 for the time being, or just hold out for the Gen dial. 

With funds from flipping some non-Rolex watches and the 16000s over the past year, I made a BuyItNow impulse buy on theBay.

pGdLj1d.jpg

It's nothing particularly rare or special, just a clean Gen 1680 with good patina for a great price. 

Finally, I'm selling a Gen 1016 that I found on eBay:

F7odC46.jpg

3gAzi4Z.jpg

The dial appears to have been refinished and I have to clear out something. It's beautiful, but the dial is a turn-off for me and I'm a bit strapped for cash with all these half-finished projects in my watch drawer! Either this or the 1680 has to go. I can't decide!

Bonus content:

Here's a pic of a Heuer Camaro case/dial I found on eBay:

PgJu3Vd.jpg

Still need to find a movement and some hands. 

Also, I was looking through a thrift shop and found this box for $4. Going to try and refinish it and replace the felt on the inside to turn into a watch box. 

flmeliP.jpg

zPVSMqG.jpg

Edited by kyldare
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...