When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Low beat movement for 5513 build.... ETA 2840....

dutchguy2

On 1/28/2015 at 10:21 AM, dutchguy2 said:

I have two cases. One HH 5513 and one Cartel 5513.

Since the HH case is real crap I probably will use the Cartel case with a lot of reshaping. What is crap about the HH case: Bezel construction, the hole for the tube is to big and a gen or gen style tube will not fit (I wonder how everybody else did fix that).

I know a 2846 fits a Cartel case well, I have one in my Tudor build. So, that should be no problem. I also know that a 2846 will have a wrong stem height in the HH case. Another reason not using the HH case.

I used an Athaya 702 crown/tube in my 5514 HH case, which installed directly without retapping. He also made a 702 tube which worked with a gen crown that also fit.

Misiekped built it for me and reported no issues with the 2846 fitment other than he didn't use the HH movement ring.

I'm sure there are plenty of members here that would buy the HH case from you (including me). It was easily the best option besides Phong when it came out. I'd love to take a crack at a pre-Comex 5513 with it.

Edited by tomhorn