When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 5513 Gilt underline 5513

Beachcomber

hello all, I just wanted to share a recent purchase that I made. I bought this a couple of weeks ago from Monacol I am totally in love with this watch.A lot of hard work and talent went into creating this beauty. I am totally blown away by the meticulous work put into this.

I have owned numerous Gen 5513's and out of all of them I actually appreciate this one much more. When I'm wearing it I actually feel like it's not a rep at all.

Aged, relumed, and modded by JJ and a fully serviced Gen 2846.

Cartel 5513

Yuki dial 130$

Clark hands

NOS Gen ETA 2846

NOS Gen T19

NOS Gen inlay

Looking to possibly mod this againwith a GEN crown and maybe invest in a Gen fat font insert and matching Gen pearl, but for the moment I like it exactly the way it is.

35d2379d8f4a37e3ed622d114ec56ac8.jpg65b9b6e19669f7963330ceb2f8f6bf4c.jpg2e893acd0cae0b334f1e1bdb179f9399.jpg2d357a5cc098061146851bd33ddd3559.jpg1d0005cebdb14dc65a5075fe1eb57811.jpg4007b49e6ec6e359c84c1eec2c6abdb3.jpg492bdca6d199e5732af82f42ea80d6cf.jpg17c2539ca30f5d50a2d07dc4b42adacb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wondered who was going to pick that up. About the time I was going to pull the trigger I saw that it was sold. Nice pick up! Your pictures are outstanding. It is nice now, but I agree with all of droptopman's comments...MKII or III. I have a few Athaya and have compared them in person to my gens and they are a great alternative.

I love that creamy lume!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the compliments guys I really appreciated it. It try is a very nice build I wish I could take credit for it. I agree the insert may be genuine but it is actually too thin of a font, any help on acquiring one from Athaya? The crown is going to have to wait for a little bit but I would like to get the inserts sorted maybe even selling this one that I have now. I have a gen 702 (I believe it's a 702, no washer) that I had taken off and older Sub during a service but I am kind of apprehensive about using one on this seeing as how this one since it really should have a 700 crown. so any help on the insert would be appreciated. Thanks again for the comments.

Thanks for all the compliments guys I really appreciated it. It try is a very nice build I wish I could take credit for it. I agree the insert may be genuine but it is actually too thin of a font, any help on acquiring one from Athaya? The crown is going to have to wait for a little bit but I would like to get the inserts sorted maybe even selling this one that I have now. I have a gen 702 (I believe it's a 702, no washer) that I had taken off and older Sub during a service but I am kind of apprehensive about using one on this seeing as how this one since it really should have a 700 crown. so any help on the insert would be appreciated. Thanks again for the comments.

I bought mine from Athaya through fleabay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171641394431

You've also convinced me to use my Hodinkee Horween Shell Cordovan Nato Strap on my 5513 when it's done.

A wise choice, they look fantastic on these vintage pieces.

Nice watch, great pictures....

Thanks my friend.

The insert is good. Don't change it. The only thing glaringly wrong is the crown.

Nice watch.

So you don't think the thin font looks a bit off? The jury is still out on whether I change it or not. It is a gen insert so I can always sell it to fund a FF.